Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

I'm going to weigh in since I have a 2018 Craz. First, I've learned to use Autowake and it works! Trust it, it gives the best results. I use 200# of lead, split evenly and stock ballast for a great wake. 10.4 MPH, and surf plate at 65 or 60. Usually just a driver an one passenger. I don't understand why others are adding so much extra weight. I'm 6'1', 188# and get plenty of push on port side surging.

The Craz is a great boat with good waves. I also surf a 2017 Wakesetter 22 LSV and its no better than mine.
    ADM

2018 Craz

500lbs of wake ballast is in so this weekend is going to be awesome. I do have one question before I go test all of this out. Do I need to do the calibration reset for the pitch and roll with the 2018 craz? I read the long post about auto wake and was wondering if that applied to these boats as well.

If I do I should probably not do it with all of the weight on the boat right?
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

The craz wave has significantly more power, push, length and firmness when you get into the 4000+ range. The stock wave is mediocre, slam it and you'll change your opinion on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    I'm going to weigh in since I have a 2018 Craz. First, I've learned to use Autowake and it works! Trust it, it gives the best results. I use 200# of lead, split evenly and stock ballast for a great wake. 10.4 MPH, and surf plate at 65 or 60. Usually just a driver an one passenger. I don't understand why others are adding so much extra weight. I'm 6'1', 188# and get plenty of push on port side surging.

The Craz is a great boat with good waves. I also surf a 2017 Wakesetter 22 LSV and its no better than mine.
    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    The craz wave has significantly more power, push, length and firmness when you get into the 4000+ range. The stock wave is mediocre, slam it and you'll change your opinion on the matter.

Yep.. More ballast..

20180603_143307(0).jpg
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Yes, you need to calibrate your pitch and roll. Everyone does. Go back to that Auto Wake questions thread and Matt explains it. I took a 4-foot level out with me, and laid it in the floor. I was able to get my body in a position to get pitch and roll level and still reach the button on the dash to set it.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Okay I will calibrate it when ever it stops raining on the weekend. I have the classic boat a new boat and now the weekends are nothing but rain.
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Yep.. More ballast..

20180603_143307(0).jpg
    Hey, where is that pic from? Looks familiar.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I need help lengthening my wake on this same boat. I have both of my 900lb back lockers filled with my bow and center ballasts filled with the remaining 1200lbs. My surf plate is at 65 and wake plate at 15 and I can surf good on it. I then added 400lbs on my surf side back locker and the wake is steep but the pocket is short. How do I lengthen it? I appreciate any advise I can get. I have another 400 lb bag that I could fill but I don’t know if I should with how short the pocket is now.

Put the 400 in the bow, lift your wakeplate up and increase speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaVMoomba View Post
    I need help lengthening my wake on this same boat. I have both of my 900lb back lockers filled with my bow and center ballasts filled with the remaining 1200lbs. My surf plate is at 65 and wake plate at 15 and I can surf good on it. I then added 400lbs on my surf side back locker and the wake is steep but the pocket is short. How do I lengthen it? I appreciate any advise I can get. I have another 400 lb bag that I could fill but I don’t know if I should with how short the pocket is now.
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Ahhhh man the 4000+ of ballast is what it needed. I will upload the video tomorrow.

For the people with enzo bags I have 3 questions

1. Are they plug and play for the hoses on the moomba
    2. How much room is left on the top of the lockers.
    3. Does anyone with an 18 have them and does it smash the heater?

Thanks for all of the help. I did not get to ride do to a recent mcl injury but my wife did and she and went ropeless for the first time.