Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    and you really don't want to trailer with it in your boat.
    Is this a personal opinion or are the actual facts behind not hauling the boat on the trailer with the lead left in it?

Just curious, not trying to flame you RC, but I keep 750 lbs spread around in various spots in my boat all the time and trailer with no issues.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    Is this a personal opinion or are the actual facts behind not hauling the boat on the trailer with the lead left in it?

Just curious, not trying to flame you RC, but I keep 750 lbs spread around in various spots in my boat all the time and trailer with no issues.
    Boatmate trailers warns against it. I'm not saying you can't trailer with lead in your boat, it's just that it'd likely lead to premature wear of an axle bearing or whatnot. This is an instance where I'd rather err on the side of caution and know I won't be given any grief if a trailer failure were to occur.

You can flame me all you want but I lost a wheel on the highway pulling my old boat & trailer. The axle gave out from the trailer being overloaded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Boatmate trailers warns against it. I'm not saying you can't trailer with lead in your boat, it's just that it'd likely lead to premature wear of an axle bearing or whatnot. This is an instance where I'd rather err on the side of caution and know I won't be given any grief if a trailer failure were to occur.

You can flame me all you want but I lost a wheel on the highway pulling my old boat & trailer. The axle gave out from the trailer being overloaded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    If it was a boatmate trailer that was a design flaw.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Ideally I would like to see if I can eliminate one or two of the additional bags tthat I use right now on the seats. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to do it with just 500 pounds of “lead“ in bags but I’m going to see. At the very least perhaps I can get away with just one 400 pound bag on one of the seats which will be a lot better than taking up half of the cabin area with additional ballast bags. If only I had some more people in my crew that weren’t afraid of getting up in the morning to go surf then I wouldn’t need to add ballast! Lazy sumbitches! They think that I am unreasonable to not want to go out and try to surf at 1 PM in the afternoon when every dickhead is out there with a tube or a Jet Ski; turning the water into a fucking washing machine.
    Conversely I’m not the same kind of asshole that goes out at 7 AM to ruin glass by surfing. We typically go out early 7-8am and get everyone’s wakeboard sets in, and then usually around about 10 AM we start to surf.

Right now I have 1100’s in the back, 500 IBS and 700 Center tank. That’s 3300lbs hidden. So if I can use the 500# lead and another 400 if I need it I’d be around 4200lb all up not counting meat popsicles in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I could not agree with you more. You figure someone says hey would you like to come ride on a bad ass boat for free just bring your own beer and snacks people would be all over it. Then they complain about getting up early but have no idea what a boat launch is like at noon. My wife and I are confused by the "I want to stay home and do nothing on a beautiful day" attitude.

On the lead weight thing, my 3.5 ford f150 can tow 11.5k so I am not worried about adding another 500lbs to this boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowslydder View Post

On the lead weight thing, my 3.5 ford f150 can tow 11.5k so I am not worried about adding another 500lbs to this boat.
    I have a 6.7L F-250, there was never any contention about tow rigs or tow rig capacity...

Enzos in my mojo. Fills all the way and uses all under seat storage
    FAE Dealer Message me for a Discount!

2017 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4600LB Ballast- Enzo Bags & Lead
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    4 Rev 10 Tower Speakers

I like the green bags(SEAHAWKS), My wife is not going to be happy about all of the loss in storage. where do you keep all of your jackets, snacks, ETC. Do you have any pictures of the wake?

I'm pretty stoked to get it rolling this weekend! i realized this morning that i brain farted and only ordered half the fittings that i need (G6 pumps), so now I've got 4 more coming UPS RED - $27 in fittings, $33 in shipping...
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    I'm pretty stoked to get it rolling this weekend! i realized this morning that i brain farted and only ordered half the fittings that i need (G6 pumps), so now I've got 4 more coming UPS RED - $27 in fittings, $33 in shipping...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    Korey, not to hijack this thread but weren't you working on engine bay storage trays? Wasn't that gonna be a mass production thing?