Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default 2018 Moomba Craz wave help

Hey everyone I purchased a 2018 Moomba Craz with auto wake 2.0 This is out first wakesurf boat we had Yamaha AR192 jet boat before this that would not produce a wake worth anything. We are still trying to figure things out with the boat and setting up the wake now that the break in is done.

First thing is the boats guide did not have any info on the auto wake so we are just making assumptions. We hit the left button till it had the auto wake setting ICON and set the speed and used default pitch and roll and put the throttle forward. we noticed that the speed would go above the speed we set so I am not sure what I am doing wrong there. I thought it was supposed to maintaine it.

Second what weight settings, wake plate and speed have people been using where they are making a wave with good push? I would apprcaite any help. Trying to get this thing dialed in for the upcoming weekend, thanks

Do you just have the stock 650lb bags in in or bigger? The stock bags unfortunately won’t give you much of a wave to brag about, unless you weigh 150lb yourself. As for me, I have 1100’s in the rear lockers and for Natural foot I have 60% on surf pa
    Late and 10% on the wakeplate. Goofy is 45/10 and we run 11mph.

The cruise might overshoot the set speed but really should come back and settle on it correctly. Does it hold Speed in the “Cruise” setting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Thanks for the reply. I should have the bigger bags since 2018 comes with 3000 lb of ballast. I have not run it with just cruise control I was always on auto wake so I will test that out this Wednesday.

When you say surf plat you are saying it is down 60% on the surf side correct? Also do you max out all of your ballast? or have you added any lead ballast? Have you tweaked the pitch and roll settings at all and found numbers that you liked?

I tried to go ropeless (200LB guy on a 5'0 ronix koa fish) snd found I had decent push but when I cruised up fast and fell back I almost always fell out the back side. I plan taking pictures as I go through the process of making this wake awesome. Besides the fine tuning of this wake I love my Moomba so far.

The surf plate is ALWAYS deployed on the opposite side that you surf on.

Sounds like you have 900# rear bags. I have 1100’s. I also add another 400 on the surfside and a 750 across the back seat. I’m contemplating getting lead to eliminate one if not both of those, but with typically 3-4 guys in my crew, we aren’t bothered by the extra bags for now. I fill everything to the max, and don’t use autowake for surfing. I think I may tinker with it again this season as some guys found a way to make it work for them, but when I first started out, I got quickly frustrated with it wanting to empty ballast to achieve its default roll and pitch settings.

For wake boarding I do use it all the time as it makes a great wakeboarding wave and also employs the “launch” feature for the hole shot which makes a huge difference in getting on plane quickly.

2017 Moomba Craz

okay so you are running 1450 extra lbs on top of the stock 3000 lbs. Do you drive around 11MPH and does the engine have any problems pushing that much weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowslydder View Post
    okay so you are running 1450 extra lbs on top of the stock 3000 lbs. Do you drive around 11MPH and does the engine have any problems pushing that much weight?
    Yep and no issues with that weight. I changed to a OJ 945 prop (15x13) to handle the load better, though.

2017 Moomba Craz

Do you have the 400 or the 440 engine? And thanks for all of the help, I will play around with these settings and look into that prop. Super stoked about this summer of surfing.

Do you have the 400 or the 440 engine? And thanks for all of the help, I will play around with these settings and look into that prop. Super stoked about this summer of surfing.
    400. I could not see paying another $5000 for 40 more ftlb

2017 Moomba Craz

I swapped my 900s for Enzos and added 500lbs of lead to the nose, no problems whatsoever, I too have the OJ 945 upgraded prop.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    I swapped my 900s for Enzos and added 500lbs of lead to the nose, no problems whatsoever, I too have the OJ 945 upgraded prop.
    Are the Enzo's common in the Craz? I want to order something today, and am back and forth between the Enzos and guinea pigging Wakemakers' ExactFit bags designed for the Mojo. I've got some emails going back and forth with Brian at wakemakers and I verified all dimensions on their ExactFit bags this morning. It looks like they'll fit perfectly, and come with fittings for about the same price as Enzos. Question is, how much weight do you really think you get in the enzos? do they fill all the way up? Do you have problems with them popping seats up and stuff? If you're really filling those all the way up, that's a lot more weight, but I seriously doubt they get all they full...

Enzos are described as: Body (Rear Compartment Portion) - 30 x 25 x 26 Arm (Under Seat Portion) - 72 x 25 x 12. my main question about size is, is that 72" base dimension the total length, or just the length of the arm? If it's just the arm then the total length is 102", and it seems like it is WAY too long for the Craz seat (88-ish inches from trim panel in the rear of the locker to the front of the seat compartment).

Also, do you have heat? Looks like my heater is going to eat up ballast space. Bummer.
    Mojo-B0436-Starboard-1.jpg

Wakemaker's Mojo exact Fit drawing attached.
    Last edited by korey; 05-22-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead