Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Custom Wakesurf Board Recommendations

I’m looking to get a surf style board and am looking for recommendations. I am 6-2 and 225 lbs so I haven’t been able to ride a lot of boards that support my size. I’m currently riding a P5 DD which is a skim style board and like the speed. I’d like to go with something custom made to my style and size. My goal is to be able to easily boost airs. Please let me know what and/or who you would recommend for this. Also, if you have any recommendations as far as shape or fin setups. Lastly, traction pad or no traction pad and wax?
    2014 Moomba LSV

Default Custom Wakesurf Board Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    I’m looking to get a surf style board and am looking for recommendations. I am 6-2 and 225 lbs so I haven’t been able to ride a lot of boards that support my size. I’m currently riding a P5 DD which is a skim style board and like the speed. I’d like to go with something custom made to my style and size. My goal is to be able to easily boost airs. Please let me know what and/or who you would recommend for this. Also, if you have any recommendations as far as shape or fin setups. Lastly, traction pad or no traction pad and wax?
    I’m right around your size (height and weight). I ride a Soulcraft board. Reach out to Jeff at soulcraft and he will be happy to discuss all the details to get you the right board for you. Highly recommended by my wife and I. I got her a board specifically for her also and it has made a night and day difference in her confidence on the board. Well worth the cost for a custom board.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

another shout out for soulcraft. we have 3 and love his boards...
    if you want skim, not sure if they are still in business but I have ridden a few victoria skims and they were a good board.

oh ya and whatever you get, replace the fins with blackstix from day 1. best $50 I spent.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    another shout out for soulcraft. we have 3 and love his boards...
    if you want skim, not sure if they are still in business but I have ridden a few victoria skims and they were a good board.

oh ya and whatever you get, replace the fins with blackstix from day 1. best $50 I spent.....
    Where did you find blackstix for $50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

Share where you're finding them for $50. Cheapest I have ever seen besides used is around $100 for the F3 or F4

I would also have to consider Doomswell and forum member Chris with Parker Surfcraft.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Share where you're finding them for $50. Cheapest I have ever seen besides used is around $100 for the F3 or F4

I would also have to consider Doomswell and forum member Chris with Parker Surfcraft.
    Inland Surfer James Walker or the Keenan Flegal. Both super fast and made to get big air and do power slashes.

2017 Moomba Craz

used to be if you bought a board from Jeff he would cut a deal on a pair of 'stix to go with it.
    everywhere else they are a c-note.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post

Ditto, with this, call around to see who can get you as custom board in a timely manner to a price you like .

SC and PS are made Here in USA, give them all a shout out Even though I'm Partial to Parker surfcraft
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Chaos makes custom big boy boards. And have pretty fast turn around for a custom board.

Lots of good custom boards out there, although most are based on one of my designs or a few others.
    Fins, buy a good custom board and it will come with good fins.

Traction, wax or wax alternative.
    Traction is best, it insulates your board and helps with heal dents, etc.
    Competitive Pros like to put wax on their traction for a little more bite and grip for big airs and push/shuv type maneuvers.
    Many find it too much and harder to move their feet around which can be a big hinderance when learning.
    Wax is cheap, but requires maintenance and will melt and get all over stuff if not contained.
    A tail pad is pretty much always used even if front traction isn't.
    Wax alternatives like Viskus float between EVA traction and wax. They won't melt like wax, but they are not nearly as long lasting or permanent like EVA. They tend to smear and wear off, and are good for about 2-3 months. Funny thing is most competitors that use wax alternative pads still apply wax to the pad. Bar of wax is $1-2, wax alternative pad is like $15.

Nick