Default Max Hull Design?

Is the rear locker floor uneven in the Max?

Where my rear ballast bag sits on the floor in my Helix there is a 7” deep channel running through the hull.

As a result, my ballast bags aren’t sitting on a level surface and the volume of water they can hold is decreased.

I thought about putting in a false floor to level it up but just surprised no else has mentioned this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same question about my helix and that deep channel in the rear compartment.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

The other thing keeping my rear ballast bags from filling to their capacity is that the rear locker is 20” wide by the transom and increases to 25” wide as you move towards the bow.

My 1100 bags have a 25” x 25” x 45” dimension. As a result, they can’t fill to their full width by the transom.

Now I know why it only takes 7:30 to fill my bags.

Just wondering if the Max has the same problem and if so has anyone else noticed this?

Quote Originally Posted by Willyourun View Post
    The other thing keeping my rear ballast bags from filling to their capacity is that the rear locker is 20” wide by the transom and increases to 25” wide as you move towards the bow.

My 1100 bags have a 25” x 25” x 45” dimension. As a result, they can’t fill to their full width by the transom.

Now I know why it only takes 7:30 to fill my bags.

Just wondering if the Max has the same problem and if so has anyone else noticed this?

There is a drop in the rear locker floor of the Max as well. I have oversized bags and can get more ballast than I need back there.
    The bags just conform to the shape.

2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    There is a drop in the rear locker floor of the Max as well. I have oversized bags and can get more ballast than I need back there.
    The bags just conform to the shape.

Is the transom side of your locker 20” wide too? What are the dimensions of your bags?

Is the transom side of your locker 20” wide too? What are the dimensions of your bags?

The transom end does taper in. Not sure how much. The boat is in storage or I would measure it. I am running the wakemakers 1280 locker bags, 50x25x25.

I would guess the Max’s rear locker might be 20” wide at the transome end too. That 5” loss of locker width combined with the uneven channel on the floor means we’re loosing hundreds of pounds in ballast.

My bags conform to the channel like everyone else’s but because the water in the bag isn’t under much pressure it can’t lift itself off that channel corner and as a result that bottom part of the ballast bag is permanently indented and looses some of its capacity.

Because we’re all fighting to max out ballast I’m just surprised this has been brought up by anyone before.

Probably not a huge deal but looks like custom bags are the only option.

Just wonder if this hull design works it way to other Moomba models in the future if this will become a common annoyance.

I would guess the Max’s rear locker might be 20” wide at the transome end too. That 5” loss of locker width combined with the uneven channel on the floor means we’re loosing hundreds of pounds in ballast.

My bags conform to the channel like everyone else’s but because the water in the bag isn’t under much pressure it can’t lift itself off that channel corner and as a result that bottom part of the ballast bag is permanently indented and looses some of its capacity.

Because we’re all fighting to max out ballast I’m just surprised this has been brought up by anyone before.

Probably not a huge deal but looks like custom bags are the only option.

Just wonder if this hull design works it way to other Moomba models in the future if this will become a common annoyance.

I know that Wakemakers is working on custom bags. Hopefully we will see them soon.

There is still more water with the channel compared to what has traditionally been seen with a flat floor being placed over the stringer system creating unused dead space.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    I know that Wakemakers is working on custom bags. Hopefully we will see them soon.

I emailed them a couple days ago for an update since they originally told me mid May release.

Now they are estimating mid/late June FYI due to a couple unexpected delays.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018