Default 08' LSV Temp Gauge Replacement

Hey!

I've had my temp gauge housing break (pic below) in my 08 lsv. After talking with a Moomba dealer they want $137 for a gauge that could work but they wont guarantee plug and play. If I have to cut wires Id rather get one for ~$30-$40 from Overtons.

Has anyone else had to replace the temp gauge on a boat approx. this old? I really hope to just plug it in instead of having to wire it in.

I was told there is no longer support for these older boats is this true?

Thanks in advance

20170527_092456.jpg
    20170527_092459.jpg
    gauge.jpg
    08' LSV

Quote Originally Posted by 303eaze View Post
    Hey!

I've had my temp gauge housing break (pic below) in my 08 lsv. After talking with a Moomba dealer they want $137 for a gauge that could work but they wont guarantee plug and play. If I have to cut wires Id rather get one for ~$30-$40 from Overtons.

Has anyone else had to replace the temp gauge on a boat approx. this old? I really hope to just plug it in instead of having to wire it in.

Thanks in advance

20170527_092456.jpg
    20170527_092459.jpg
    gauge.jpg
    Faria 13804 Chesapeake 100-250°F Water Temp Gauge https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AZ7ZR..._FoH-AbXSNNR5N

Try this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

I'm still getting used parts for my '98. get as much information off the gauge and check eBay and a Google search. Sometimes you can get lucky.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Thanks a bunch. Ill have a look at the Faria gauge.

I tried the google/ebay/amazon route with the info provided from the dealer and off the gauge itself and can only find a gauge in Australia. Shipping would be a bear from Aus.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that would indicate what each of the wires in the plug do? I've spent way to much time looking (still looking) for a wiring schematic for my boat.
    08' LSV

Just glue it back together, just fixed the same thing.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Edit: Parrot beat me to the punch... that's what I get for having 10+ forum windows open and don't refresh before I post.

A lot of us on the forum have run into the same problem as you - in fact, my fuel gauge is 50% broken and awaiting a fix. Several of us, including myself, have had success super gluing the bezel back on - do you still have it? Now, if the gauge no longer works then forget it but if it's just the face that has separated, glue baby glue!
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

Quote Originally Posted by 303eaze View Post
    Hey!

Thanks in advance

20170527_092456.jpg
    20170527_092459.jpg
    gauge.jpg
    I got the part number from skiers choice and ordered it from my moomba dealer. Nobody at SC or my moomba house mentioned anything about splicing wires. I just got it and haven't had a chance to get to the unit to work on it...hopefully I don't have to splice, it's already hard enough to get under there and access it especially with a sub woofer box in the way.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT