Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craz v. Mojo

Default Craz v. Mojo

New to the forum, so I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I need some help picking a boat. We have zeroed in on either a Craz or Mojo. Will demo both, but looking for some preliminary information to guide our search. Would love to find something used, but may buy new if the price is right (hopefully looking at end of season incentives). Family of 5, and the kids are small right now (2, 5, & 7). Here are my main questions: (1) Does the extra foot on the Mojo really provide that much more interior room? It's often just us, but I don't want feel cramped when we have folks out and don't want to grow out of the boat anytime soon. I also don't want to pay for the extra space if the difference is minimal. (2) Is there is significant difference in how these two boats handle chop? Our lake (Possum Kingdom) can be rough at times. Obviously the bigger the boat the better, but, again, is the difference between the two boats material in this respect. (3) Similarly optioned out, is there any material difference between between the fit and finish and/or the performance of the boats? We are somewhat price sensitive (see: family of 5), but ultimately want to get the right boat. Thanks in advance, and would love to hear any other input y'all might have.

The cabin bench seat is 8" longer. Running surfaces are very similar so they will both handle chop about the same. Both are solid performers.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Never been on the water in a Craz but have sat in them. The size difference is noticeable just sitting in them but the fit and finish is equal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Both are great options. You didn't mention how you primarily intend on using the boat but I think the Craz hits the sweet spot in terms of power (raptor 400)/weight/displacement necessary. On one hand you'll never regret buying a bigger boat but if the majority of the outings are with a small crew than the difference is negligible. I've had 10 real adults on my Craz and never felt like we were stepping on each others toes. Honestly, you'll be really happy with either choice.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Nobody wishes they bought a smaller boat.
    FAE Dealer Message me for a Discount!

2017 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4600LB Ballast- Enzo Bags & Lead
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    4 Rev 10 Tower Speakers

Good to hear. We'll primarily use the boat for surfing and cruising and some wake boarding. Use will probably change as kids get bigger.

I'd vote for bigger boat. Mojo.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

For me, it came down to what would fit in my garage, so there wasn't much decision to be made - I bought the Craz because it fits, and the Mojo doesn't. It helps that I prefer a traditional bow (pointy bow). I spent hours and hours in a friend's Mojo before deciding on the Craz for myself, but never even test drove a Craz! After getting it on the water and handling it around the dock and trailer I feel like it actually is a little more maneuverable at idle than the Mojo! Like mentioned above, the running surfaces are the same (or at least very similar) so handling at speed and in chop they are are identical. Like others have said, nobody regrets getting the smaller boat - except when they don't fit, then they really regret it! I definitely notice the 8" less in the middle in my boat versus the Mojo's that I've been on, and I'm surprised. 2 adults shoulder to shoulder is tight on the driver's/starboard side on my boat, not so much on a Mojo.
    Last edited by korey; 05-15-2018 at 01:58 PM.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    For me, it came down to what would fit in my garage, so there wasn't much decision to be made - I bought the Craz because it fits, and the Mojo doesn't. It helps that I prefer a traditional bow (pointy bow). I spent hours and hours in a friend's Mojo before deciding on the Craz for myself, but never even test drove a Craz! After getting it on the water and handling it around the dock and trailer I feel like it actually is a little more maneuverable at idle than the Mojo! Like mentioned above, the running surfaces are the same (or at least very similar) so handling at speed and in chop they are are identical. Like others have said, nobody regrets getting the smaller boat - except when they don't fit, then they really regret it! I definitely notice the 8" less in the middle in my boat versus the Mojo's that I've been on, and I'm surprised. 2 adults shoulder to shoulder is tight on the driver's/starboard side on my boat, not so much on a Mojo.
    I wonder if a larger rudder would help low speed maneuverability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I have never been in a Mojo, but the difference in price was not worth the extra few inches to me. I have had 13 or 14 on my boat and I'm not gonna say that I would want that everyday, but at the same time we had a great time. Needless to say with 1100's, all ballast maxed out and that many on boat, WHAT A WAVE for surfing!! Forget planing for wakeboarding, but dump a little ballast and check out the wakeboard wave!!
    2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport