Default Anybody run a prop for higher top speed?

I have a 14 mojo 2.5 with the 345hp and we are wakeboarding less and cruising more it seems. Has anybody ever ran a prop with more pitch then the stock? We have the stock and a 1235 but would like something that will allow us to cruise 35-40 at a lower rpm then the stock prop if that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlfab1 View Post
    I have a 14 mojo 2.5 with the 345hp and we are wakeboarding less and cruising more it seems. Has anybody ever ran a prop with more pitch then the stock? We have the stock and a 1235 but would like something that will allow us to cruise 35-40 at a lower rpm then the stock prop if that's possible.
    Maybe time to sell the boat and get a cruiser? A ski pitch prop would give you more top end but your still goi g to be turning around 4000rpm at 40mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

You can find a prop that will give the optimal efficiency and the prop experts have that information. There is a point to which speed may not drop off but the efficiency starts dropping off thus gas consumption starts unceasing. Other factors like elevation need to factored.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

[QUOTE=Stazi;324972]Maybe time to sell the boat and get a cruiser? A ski pitch prop would give you more top end but your still goi g to be turning around 4000rpm at 40mph.

That will probably end up being the best bet. We love the boat but the wife has a restaurant she loves about 17 miles from camp. Cruising on the stock prop that far is a long ways.

The depreciation you would take now on your 2014 and the higher depreciation you take on an I/O over time would make the gas savings a moot point. Changing out a boat is an expensive venture. I plan to keep my DD even though my water skiing days are numbered as I can still hit the beach, barbecue, listen to music and pull others. There is no one on this site that should be concerned on gas consumption as these boats were never designed or configured for their fuel efficiency.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD