Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Adding dual pumps per bag

I need some help guys. Who has a 2018 boat with the g6 ballast? Would you be willing to take some pictures of the wiring for me? The PDM is located behind the panel at the back of the port locker. I would like to see how the factory has wired the 2 pumps per bag to the pdm. Thanks in advance!
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I am interested in trying this as well. If I recall some of the other posts on the subject it sounded like they had 3 new relay based ballast modules for the 2018 models so maybe they wired the on/off from the pdm out to the relay modules so they could keep the timer function controlled from the screen? That would be ideal because if you have the correct power to energize the relays I think you could do a spst combined dpdt relay setup to properly control the on/off and reversing polarity of each new pump without adding any more current draw to the pdm. Pictures would definitely be helpful!

Not to hijack the thread but if someone does snap some pictures of the wiring could you also take a pic of the where the plumbing splits? Is it right after the through hull?
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

Quote Originally Posted by cpropes2005 View Post
    I am interested in trying this as well. If I recall some of the other posts on the subject it sounded like they had 3 new relay based ballast modules for the 2018 models so maybe they wired the on/off from the pdm out to the relay modules so they could keep the timer function controlled from the screen? That would be ideal because if you have the correct power to energize the relays I think you could do a spst combined dpdt relay setup to properly control the on/off and reversing polarity of each new pump without adding any more current draw to the pdm. Pictures would definitely be helpful!

Not to hijack the thread but if someone does snap some pictures of the wiring could you also take a pic of the where the plumbing splits? Is it right after the through hull?
    It is right before the pumps at the back of each locker. they also moved the center pumps to mount close to the center tank.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

20180516_095732.jpg

Single line from the ball valve to a Y just upstream of the pumps.

There are 4 relays on this (port) side. Orange wire from each pump turns red at a connector then go to seperate relays. I didn't trace it all but I'm thinking one power relay per pump, and one reversing relay? What does a boat with only 3 pumps look like? Center pumps are between the fuel tank and ballast tank under the deck. I'm assuming stbd pumps are behind the similar panel on that side. I didnt see relays for the center pumps, obviously they've got to be somewhere...

I was up there remote troubleshooting my depth finder/water temp issue on the phone with my dealer.

Sorry for the not so greatbpic, it's as far as I had time to dig into it right now.
    Last edited by korey; 05-16-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    20180516_095732.jpg

Single line from the ball valve to a Y just upstream of the pumps.

There are 4 relays on this (port) side. Orange wire from each pump turns red at a connector then go to seperate relays. I didn't trace it all but I'm thinking one power relay per pump, and one reversing relay? What does a boat with only 3 pumps look like? Center pumps are between the fuel tank and ballast tank under the deck. I'm assuming stbd pumps are behind the similar panel on that side. I didnt see relats for tge center pumps, obviously they got to be somewhere...

I was up there remote troubleshooting my depth finder/water temp issue on the phone with my dealer.

Sorry for the not so greatbpic, it's as far as I had time to dig into it right now.
    Thanks. When you have time, can you take a clear pic of the relay module on the top right of the board? It is shrouded with wires in this pic. I am assuming that is a relay module, as I don’t have that and the pdm looks identical. On my boat with 3 pumps, the pdm wires go directly to the pumps, with no relays in the mix.

'08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Derp, I can't believe I didn't get that picture. I did pull the shroud off of the relay module and trace wires. I'm at work now, but I'll snap a picture of the relays before I put it back together now that I know there are none on yours... might not be tonight, but definitly by the weekend.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

How would it not cut it in half?

I haven’t read every thread detail....disclaimer.

I have G6 on the new Makai and it’s 6 minutes. Freaking sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    How would it not cut it in half?

I haven’t read every thread detail....disclaimer.

I have G6 on the new Makai and it’s 6 minutes. Freaking sweet.

90 gph difference wouldn't cut the fill times in half if you are still just using 3 pumps. I made the suggestion of looking at a faster pump as an alternative to installing a 3 more pumps for 2 pumps per bag. Yes, G6 is awesome!!!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Does any wake boat use qty 6 ballast King pumps?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Does any wake boat use qty 6 ballast King pumps?

Mastercraft uses a 30GPM impeller pump, but not sure if its just one or two per sac.