Default New Engine and transmission

After bringing my 2014 to the shop for a leaky transmission, the shop blew my engine and I am picking up my boat tomorrow with a shiny, brand new engine and transmission all covered by either my extended warranty or the shop, not sure which. So do I just treat this like I bought a new boat as far as break-in, etc., yes I've read the break-in threads and am debating doing without the break-in. Are there other issues to watch out for when you have your engine and transmission replaced? I will also have to do the 20 hr break-in, correct?
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by ghebert1111 View Post
    After bringing my 2014 to the shop for a leaky transmission, the shop blew my engine and I am picking up my boat tomorrow with a shiny, brand new engine and transmission all covered by either my extended warranty or the shop, not sure which. So do I just treat this like I bought a new boat as far as break-in, etc., yes I've read the break-in threads and am debating doing without the break-in. Are there other issues to watch out for when you have your engine and transmission replaced? I will also have to do the 20 hr break-in, correct?
    WTH did they do to blow up your engine trying to fix a transmission leak???
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    WTH did they do to blow up your engine trying to fix a transmission leak???
    So lend of last season, I had a transmission leak, I brought it to the shop in late October and jokingly told them to have it back to me by May 1. Well they took me to heart and I got various messages that they were trying but unable to find the leak over the next few months. In March, I believe, we had some below zero degree days (Birmingham, AL) and a week or so later I got the call that started, "We winterized the boat but...". They claimed that when the freeze came they winterized and then when it warmed up and they tried to find the leak, they had the issue. They apparently reached out to Indmar saying it was a product issue and I'm not sure who is covering what but I'm getting a new engine and transmission.

The thing that I didn't think about until recently is that in the summer my boat is at our covered dock and over the winter my boat is tucked away in my garage, out to the elements nice and snug. I have no idea what it will like after almost 6 month out in the elements.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Did they do a long block or was it a complete crate engine of the assembly line that they installed in your boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

"They apparently reached out to Indmar saying it was a product issue " with the tranny?? I have a '14 and curious.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    "They apparently reached out to Indmar saying it was a product issue " with the tranny?? I have a '14 and curious.
    My understanding is they said the engine problem was an engine issue and not due to lack of winterization, I have my doubts.

I'll have to follow up with the shop and report back.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    Did they do a long block or was it a complete crate engine of the assembly line that they installed in your boat?

My understanding is it is a complete crate engine.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

At least it was a crate . I’d be worried if it was a long block, just heads and block and everything had to be swapped over, I would just make sure that nothing leaks bring a good flash light with you to double check. but I’m sure they’ll run it before they return it, and make sure nothing leaks. And I would do the break in procedure just to be on the safe side.

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Gil, I'm glad to hear you got this worked out with them. Better do the recommended break-in and document it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!