Default Odd noise and fuel smell

First time out this season with 99 Outback LS with 1000 hours.

Ran great, started right up idled well. Took a skier and ran the boat at 36 mph with no issues.

When I skied it started sluggish took a while to pull me out and would not get over 3500 rpm.

After the run I went for a check ride and smelled gas but could find no leaks. Boat revved up fine went into reverse with no noise,

but in forward made vibrations like the shaft was out of alignment. I checked the trans fluid, full with no burning. (I change it yearly)

There is fuel in the bilge water and a very strong gas odor but I cannot see or feel any leaks. I have a friend who was a mechanic for a Malibu dealer, and he will look at it. Any ideas or similar experiences? Thanks
    99 Outback LS

Sounds like a rotten fuel line that is getting worse or worse under load.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks I will check that and let you know. I put a new pump on last year, will flush lines and see what I find.
    99 Outback LS

I can't see any leaks in the fuel line from the tank to the water separator and then to the pump and carb. It idles great goes into reverse fine but in forward gear it thumps, and struggles. Could it be the cutlass bearing or a shaft problem?
    99 Outback LS

Check your coupler bolts. They tend to vibrate loose. If so, need to do an alignment.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Checked the bolts...all good. Had a mechanic (not a marine mechanic)go out with me and he thinks its a fuel delivery issue. Under load it is bogging down. I will change plugs, and get a good rebuild of the carb...... or should I just replace it? It's only been freshened up once in 19 years.... there is a little gas leak after the fuel pump. I will tighten that up and go from there. I'll change plugs as well. I believe they are MR43lts

Any other ideas? Thanks
    99 Outback LS

Replace the fuel pump. At that age, it doesn't hurt to have a backup. Carb rebuild can be tricky as the kit needs to be cross referenced from Holley numbers used just for Moomba boats. I had a grey beard mechanic who knew how to do it.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I put a new Carter fuel pump in last year, and it is pumping. The mechanic also said it sounds like it's running on 7 cylinders. I am pulling the plugs to see what they look like before a new set goes in.
    99 Outback LS

Is the replacement carb the Holley 4150? Thanks
    99 Outback LS