Default Which type of depth gauge??

Hey all! I have a 97 outback, and it has no depth gauge at the moment. I’ve looked around the site here and haven’t seen anything since about 2010 talking about this topic, so here goes. I’m looking to add a depth gauge with water/air temp but I’m not sure which type is best for my boat. I’m not sure if I should go with a in Hall, through hall, or transom. I feel like the through hole would be the best but not super excited about drilling a 2 inch hole in the bottom of my boat, but I will if it’s my best option. I also realize that a through hole would not allow me to have the temperature but if that is what you guys are considering the best option then I’m willing to forgo the temperature settings. Just looking for some advice from anybody that has taken on this project and what the new were boats are running. As always your guys his wisdom is a huge help.

Thanks
    Brian
    1998 Outback

I'd go with a dash depth finder and a thru the hull puck. It is an easier install and the results are good enough. Placement of the puck is everything.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Thanks. Where is yours located? I see you have a 98 mobius. Also was it tough putting in the puck, the fiber glass thick?

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I'd go with a dash depth finder and a thru the hull puck. It is an easier install and the results are good enough. Placement of the puck is everything.
    1998 Outback