Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I used this when I vented my center bag

put it in upside down. marine clear 3200 glue

downfall you lose the threads but it will hard plumb.

https://flow-rite.com/products/marin...ngs/ma-041-qlb
    I did the same. Used 5200, and never had any issues.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Ive been told by Fly High that the fittings are welded in from the inside, before the final seal is closed and welded. No adding/replacing threaded ports.
    Thanks, that's good information to know.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    I did the same. Used 5200, and never had any issues.

So, you put it in upside down, then the top edge of the bag goes between it and the nut? You tighten down the nut and it seals it? You use the 5200 to make sure its glued in and doesn't leak. The flo-rite valve fitting is hollow as well isn't it so you have to put 5200 in it to seal it off as well?
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

Quote Originally Posted by LAwake View Post
    So, you put it in upside down, then the top edge of the bag goes between it and the nut? You tighten down the nut and it seals it? You use the 5200 to make sure its glued in and doesn't leak. The flo-rite valve fitting is hollow as well isn't it so you have to put 5200 in it to seal it off as well?
    They just did that to plum it into the built in ballast. Cos you can see the regulars Florite connector fitting in that pic. In your situation I would try and get the flange piece back inside the bag and glue it from the inside with 5200. It will be tricky but you can put the glue on the face of the flange and then once it’s in place press the bag onto the flange to adhere the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by LAwake View Post
    The flange that is normally on the outside of the boat goes on the inside of the bag with 5200 on the flat face. The nut goes on the outside of the bag with 5200 on the flat face. Hold the thru hull and tighten the nut. Make sure the thru hull is centered in the hole. Done, nothing else. Let it cure.

Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    The flange that is normally on the outside of the boat goes on the inside of the bag with 5200 on the flat face. The nut goes on the outside of the bag with 5200 on the flat face. Hold the thru hull and tighten the nut. Make sure the thru hull is centered in the hole. Done, nothing else. Let it cure.

yes this and do you need the threads or would just like to have them .

you could add this and fill the up half of the fitting with epoxy to cap it if you have addition thread for the tsumani pump to fill and drain from . then if you want to hard plumb it just pull the cap .

https://flow-rite.com/products/marin...ittings/ma-040
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Flo rite 1-1/8" Thru-Hull, Flanged Elbow, Qwik-Lok @ about $4
    Flo rite 1-1/8" Qwik-Lok Socket, Straight @ about $2

I had to cut out some of the old port mounting area to get the new into it - cleaned it up and added a minor slit. Add 5200 sealant around the perimeter as others have said. Tighten the nut down and let it completely cure.

Yes, the fitting size/style are different than my others but I don't move this bag around ever. It does come in and out just as easily as the others.

I did this in August of 2014 and it's still holding just fine.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Bergermaister - looks professional. Well played.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    yes this and do you need the threads or would just like to have them .
    I either need threads to screw in a 1 1/8" plug or completely seal off the hole with some type of patch and never use it again. This stock bag was going to be reused with a portable pump and not hard plumed in the ballast system. The fitting that came out was for the overflow so it isn't needed for the portable pump configuration . I will use the air purge valve that's already on the bag from stock. I was simply heating up the glue on the Fat Sac valve fitting to remove it and get back to the stock threaded fitting, then planned to plug it off.
    The original drain/fill fitting valve still has to be heated up to remove it, expose the threaded opening, then screw in the Tsunami pump quick connect fitting so the hose will mate up.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I had to cut out some of the old port mounting area to get the new into it - cleaned it up and added a minor slit. Add 5200 sealant around the perimeter as others have said. Tighten the nut down and let it completely cure.

Yes, the fitting size/style are different than my others but I don't move this bag around ever. It does come in and out just as easily as the others.

I did this in August of 2014 and it's still holding just fine.
    That is quite impressive right there and sounds like it has held up well! That would work for me. I'd just have to fill the thru hull fitting opening full of 5200 to close it off. In my case, I'm not hard pluming mine into the on board ballast system. I'm reusing this stock bag on the floor or seat with a portable pump. I jacked the bag up trying to remove 2 stock fittings so I could expose the threaded openings. One was the overflow (broke one) and the other is the fill/drain (fitting still glued in). I was going to simply plug the overflow opening then re-install a Tsunami check valve fitting in the fill/drain opening so the pump and hose would mate up to the bag.
    I appreciate you taking the time to respond and sent the info and pic. This gives me a good idea of what my options are. I can either do this and fill up the opening with 5200 or try to find a patch material and glue or 5200 it down. If I go the patch route, I'll probably do a patch on the inside and outside.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags