Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by LAwake View Post
    As of this afternoon I have all the fittings removed minus the one that decided to remove itself entirely but that's another story. I will say, it IS NOT as easy as the WM video makes it out to be but it can be done.
    That's funny my first one came out just like the video, you 2nd and 3rd not so much. I found if I use a large paint stick to stand on and a thick rod to go in the fitting and pry it comes out so easy after heating for 10 minutes. The paint stick is key, put all the right pressure in the right place.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    That's funny my first one came out just like the video, you 2nd and 3rd not so much. I found if I use a large paint stick to stand on and a thick rod to go in the fitting and pry it comes out so easy after heating for 10 minutes. The paint stick is key, put all the right pressure in the right place.
    Man, I wish I'd thought about that technique! That right there is money!!! My size 12 feet were the issue, LOL. Trying to get the edge of a pair of size 12 dress shoes to hold down a 1 mm black ring, then use the other size 12 to push over the 1" fitting, while still holding down the little black ring. It was definitely a missed opportunity for some America's Funniest Home Video.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags