Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Adding air and fuel won’t change top end mph at the limiter. Only way to tell gains of hp/tq gains would be the time reduction to get to the top mph. Prop is the same as gearing with a manual trans in a car since we’re just using a gear driven trans and v drive. And that’s also assuming no prop cavitation/slip.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

All your proposed changes, heads cam etc, won’t be beneficial to a wake boat. Higher flowing heads and cam will shift the peak torque higher in the power band. These modular ford motors nowadays (5.0, 6.2) don’t need help up high. The heads can flow more than the motor can use. They can breathe like crazy, that’s why these things are so fuel efficient.
    We need torque down low to get these heavy pigs outta the water when they’re slammed.
    Best thing would be to tune it. But that would involve some ingenuity. In another post a while back I told someone there are some shops here in Houston that are amazing ford tuners. You might be able to get them to do an on the water ‘street tune’ if they could crack the ECU. I’d be game for that in a heartbeat.
    Ideally it’d be awesome to have a whipple 2.3L bolted on top with a small duration blower cam on each head (since these are OHC modular motors) to generate that low rpm grunt.
    I’m a long time Chevy/mopar push rod motor guy, it pains me to say the Raptors are a good choice in these boats. Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

All great points and I understand that wake boats really don’t need to shine at high RPMs.

Cams can be spec’d to improve low and midrange power under the curve. But if the ECM can’t be tuned then cams are out of the question.

I still see gains in a bigger throttle body down low and midrange as well. I will know more when I have the boat in hand.

Most of the automotive OEM’s encrypt ECM’s today, it typically takes some inside information to break the encryption.

I am fairly confident that indmar has their bases covered on the encryption and I don’t think the demand is there to have a tuner unlock one. My understanding is it’s not even a Ford style ECM.

Does anyone have pics of the ECM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I have to tell you, I have an SE 450 with a 440 and I run 5100 pounds of ballast—plus fuel plus people. I have a 2775 prop. The last thing I think about is my boat needing more power. At 1300 feet of elevation my boat handles all of this load extremely easily and the best part, it does it on very reasonable fuel burn. I’m 100% satisfied. For what it’s worth. For me, It’s all about adequate power, reasonable fuel burn, and reliability. The surfing experience is what I am after!

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I have to tell you, I have an SE 450 with a 440 and I run 5100 pounds of ballast—plus fuel plus people. I have a 2775 prop. The last thing I think about is my boat needing more power. At 1300 feet of elevation my boat handles all of this load extremely easily and the best part, it does it on very reasonable fuel burn. I’m 100% satisfied. For what it’s worth. For me, It’s all about adequate power, reasonable fuel burn, and reliability. The surfing experience is what I am after!

Is the 2775 the stock prop?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

The 1235 prop is stock. 2775 is $120 option

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Found some pics of what I ordered.

I skipped the decals around the “Supra” emblem as it gets a bit busy

I also don’t have any blue on the tower

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Wow that is beautiful... I’d be interested to know how warm that brown color gets in the sun. I feel like it could go either way. Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

I considered the interior concern, dealers demo boat last season had the tan interior and said it was fine all season.

The interiors can get a bit gaudy and I liked the monochromatic

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Wow that is beautiful... I’d be interested to know how warm that brown color gets in the sun. I feel like it could go either way. Lol
    Last year I want out on a tiqe with the same brownish interior and it never got hot or noticeable. Now my gray interior I noticed got HOT asf this past weekend

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig