Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

My CTSV had 3000 Miles on it when I tore into it.

Cam
    Supercharger porting
    Upper and lower pullies
    Long tube headers
    Ported heads
    Injectors
    CAI
    Etc

Just my nature.

But I will see if the boat needs anything else.

2775 prop should get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Based on what I've heard, Indmar keeps the ECU for the 440 locked up tighter than my prom date's parents kept her. I heard a story where someone had a dead ECU and indmar hand delivered it to the dealer after verifying the VIN and made sure they left with the dead one.

That said, you can accomplish a LOT with the right prop (think of it as equivalant to a re-gear rather than boosing HP).

Again, it's really about how quickly and easily you can get on plane with the boat really loaded down. How important is that? For wakeboarding only if you're running tons of ballast and want monster wakeboard wakes. (are your riders really that good that they want/need that?). For surfing everyone wants the biggest and best waves to play on. With the launch control on the new boats, getting on plane is really enhanced do you'd be kinda pissing away money spending too much on engine mods...

Don't get me wrong, I have a supercharged 3.0 in my Audi and I just pulled the trigger today on a piggyback tune that will give me 50+ WHP gains. And I have bolt on mods on my M3 that have brought it from 240 to 290hp. (as you can tell, I'm way more into Euros than American muscle. But the wife drives a Ecoboost F150 on 35's so we do have a little domestic at our place).

Boats are fantastic because there are so many areas to mod. LED's, Stereo systems, and of course all the stuff to make the ballast system and wake better (although your ballast system is probably golden out of the box on a new boat). Wake boats are the perfect combo of gearhead + Audiophile + Athlete + Social.

Enjoy and post some pics of the new arrival.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

A throttle body would bump it 10-15hp and 10-15 ft lbs in the mid and peak RPM range.

About 1/2 of the 440 tune for 1/10th the cost.

ECM and Tune would be untouched. I have never seen a bigger or ported TB void a factory power train warranty. Just saying.

My SA was ordered with the full JBL sound system but I opted for only two 8.8 JBL tower speakers, are adding 2 more JBL 8.8’s simply plug and play or is a new amp required?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    A throttle body would bump it 10-15hp and 10-15 ft lbs in the mid and peak RPM range.

About 1/2 of the 440 tune for 1/10th the cost.

ECM and Tune would be untouched. I have never seen a bigger or ported TB void a factory power train warranty. Just saying.

My SA was ordered with the full JBL sound system but I opted for only two 8.8 JBL tower speakers, are adding 2 more JBL 8.8’s simply plug and play or is a new amp required?

Correction, JL audio, man I got a lot to learn lol.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Depends on which amp they put in there only running 2. The 4 run off of a JL800/8. If you get that amp you’ll be fine to add another set.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Says in the brochure that only a 6 channel amp is available on the SA and 2 or 4 tower speakers are optional.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Just wanted to introduce myself and hope I am on the right forum. The Moomba forum looks more active to the newer model Supra’s.

You are in the right place. The other forum is mostly older Supra models.

Not too much on the new Raptors and engine mods on any of the wake boat forums. But you may breathe some life back into that conversation.

Comes down to warranty, arguing with your dealer on a 100k+ machine if something goes south.

It's been awhile since I've read the fine print on the warranty materials.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Other down fall is you never really now what HP gains you made,unless you pulled the engine and ran it on a dyno. Unless they make a super throw down underwater dyno that hooks up too the prop shaft.

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

retract my last statement they make a dyno for it lol

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Agree it’s tough to dyno a boat, but mph would show top end gains and throttle response and drive ability are other benefits.

80mm throttle body for a 6.2l is tiny.

More air and the fuel trims will add more fuel, and that is known power.

If tune is unaltered from stock it won’t void warranty.

If proven to cause an engine failure sure it should void the power train warranty, but bow to stern warranty would be unaffected

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan