Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Newb member introduction ordered a Supra SA.

Just wanted to introduce myself and hope I am on the right forum. The Moomba forum looks more active to the newer model Supra’s.

I am Larry Arizona from Oxford Michigan.

I am a horsepower junkie and been into GM LS powered for years. It took some convincing to shop a boat with a blue oval engine, but I think I will be ok, lol

Had boats and jet skis years ago and missed the water.

After MUCH research, I pulled the trigger on a 2018 Supra SA. Build date is in June and hope to have it in July.

Just wanted to say Hi and I look forward to learning a lot here.

1st question... where are all the engine and power upgrades for the 6.2L? Or is modding engines not a wake boat thing?

Call it a bad habit, but i can’t help but want to install a cam (cams in this case), ported heads etc.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Welcome too the forum and congrats on the boat. Which SA did you end up going with 400,450 or the big boy 575 hp

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    Welcome too the forum and congrats on the boat. Which SA did you end up going with 400,450 or the big boy 575 hp

I opted for the 400. $6200 for 27 ft lbs of torque is nuts.

Would have loved a GM 6.2L LSA because I am an avid Cadillac CTSV owner and forum moderator. But Ford 6.2l it is.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I tell you this though you won’t be disappointed with that raptor motor it’s made me a believer to the point if my Ram was ever totaled out I’d consider getting a ford. Great power great torque. From what I heard as well the extra 27 isn’t worth it especially how much more fuel it drinks.

Ctsv wagon!?
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

I tell you this though you won’t be disappointed with that raptor motor it’s made me a believer to the point if my Ram was ever totaled out I’d consider getting a ford. Great power great torque. From what I heard as well the extra 27 isn’t worth it especially how much more fuel it drinks.

Ctsv wagon!?
    CtsV sedan, but a manual with 700+ rwhp.

Although the unicorn manual V wagons are awesome.

Raptor 400 vs 440 was disappointing to know it’s a tune only difference.

I did add the 2775 prop, but curious why there are no bolt on modifications for the raptors.

Cold air intakes and ported throttle bodies should be a no brainer or is there simply no interest on a wake boat?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

There was one person that wanted to tune their 400 to the 450 but that thread died down. Think that guy was running 5000 lbs of ballast and had trouble getting on plane. You know how the horsepower world is deepest pockets make the most power. I’m sure there’s gotta be someone out there that can crack that ecm free up some power and you could always get the supercharger for it and port and polish everything or buy that motor that’s in the classifieds and you’ll have a spare to play with.

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

There was one person that wanted to tune their 400 to the 450 but that thread died down. Think that guy was running 5000 lbs of ballast and had trouble getting on plane. You know how the horsepower world is deepest pockets make the most power. I’m sure there’s gotta be someone out there that can crack that ecm free up some power and you could always get the supercharger for it and port and polish everything or buy that motor that’s in the classifieds and you’ll have a spare to play with.

Hi hi - finally someone that talks my language. I would love to mod my 2015 SA400 raptor engine. Keep us updated if you find anything.

Been modding cars for years, and there is always safe power left on the table.

Not too much available to bolt on the F150 Raptor 6.2L that translates to the Marine application.

The issue I believe is the indmar ECM is not a Ford ECM and indmar has the ECM locked.

When I get my boat trust me, I will be looking into it.

Only thing I have found is a BBK 85mm throttle body. Stock is a 80mm. Should be plug and play and work 10hp and 10-15ft lbs peak and similar midrange gains on stock tune.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Lot of folks on here are worried about voiding a warranty on a 100k plus item and won't touch anything.

I knew a guy in high school that turned 18 and went out and bought a brand new camaro. His dad owned a speed supply shop. Before he made his first payment he pulled the motor out of that thing and went to work on it. It was shocking to some of us but he knew he was going to make it better.

Congrats on the new Supra! Post up some pics when she arrives.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

^^^ This.
    Plus, there's a point of diminishing returns on these boats. They're not go-fast boats and there's only so much "hole shot" needed to pull up a rider. Think of it more like a fancy tractor.

Spend your time and $$$ on other niceties like sound system.
    2016 Craz