Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question I need to raise the height of my Helix driver's seat?

I bought a new '17 Helix a few weeks ago and the driver seat is not tall enough for the wife to see over the windshield even with bolster seat flipped up. The foam in the cushion on the bolster is so dang soft it just compresses completely flat so it doesn't appear to do much to raise the seat height. I'm wondering if there is a way to change out the bottom riser to a little bit taller one and then just slip the seat assembly back onto the riser? Anyone else done this to another Moomba or a Helix specifically and maybe have a part number or a website to get one from?
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

I found an old post on here where a few people modified their Mojo and Mondo but I wasn't sure if the risers were the same between those two and the Helix. I think the risers on the Mojo and Mondo are 7" and 9" but I don;t know what the Helix is. The post in reference mentioned a Garlick ribbed riser (#75530) they got off Amazon.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

Quote Originally Posted by LAwake View Post
    I found an old post on here where a few people modified their Mojo and Mondo but I wasn't sure if the risers were the same between those two and the Helix. I think the risers on the Mojo and Mondo are 7" and 9" but I don;t know what the Helix is. The post in reference mentioned a Garlick ribbed riser (#75530) they got off Amazon.
    Correct, I got a 9” for my Mondo. Should be the same riser but I would look on amazon & confirm before ordering. They have a 12” one that you could try first & then cut it to size if it’s to tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    Correct, I got a 9” for my Mondo. Should be the same riser but I would look on amazon & confirm before ordering. They have a 12” one that you could try first & then cut it to size if it’s to tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do the base mounting holes match those on the Mondo?
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Do the base mounting holes match those on the Mondo?
    Yep, the mounting holes match. Here is the link to the 12" riser....might wanna start with that and cut as needed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AXNER..._Sx5jzbEFRJ5T3
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Yep, the mounting holes match. Here is the link to the 12" riser....might wanna start with that and cut as needed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AXNER..._Sx5jzbEFRJ5T3
    Thanks for the link!
    2019 Supra SL450

How hard were the factory bolts or screws to break free from the deck? Is this like a 2 beer job or pack a lunch to get everything taken off then mounted back up and installed?
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Default I need to raise the height of my Helix driver's seat?

It shouldn’t be too hard since the boat isn’t old. I helped replace the riser on my soon to be father in laws older chaparral last summer and the two front screws were in threaded inserts, corrosion over the years had seized them up good. I brought up a micro torch and a big snap on screwdriver and got them out. All other screws were in the wood and came right out. This was a worst case scenario and it still only took a few minutes.

On a side note I just ordered this for our max that’s on order:

Garelick/Eez-In 75635:01 Blue Water Adjustable Height Ribbed Series Positive Pin Lock Pedestal - 12" - 17" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IR20YW..._Zsi7AbFJQRFEC

When I’m towing I want to be able to see over the 5% tinted windshield without using the seat bolster, and this is adjustable so the fiancé can find a setting she likes as well. On my old boat I’d end up sitting on the bolster but hunched over (since there wasn’t any back support) which would kill my back after a while.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I got the new 12” seat riser installed. I ordered it direct on Amazon. The stock Helix seat is 9” if anyone needed to know.9D41C36B-D1F4-400B-A02C-D31A63873F49.jpg
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

What are you going to do with the 9" one you took off?
    2019 Supra SL450