Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I usually have a small crew—2 adults in boat or one small woman and 4 kids in boat.

I could prop down and go up I am sure. Running a 2775 as it is. It does a nice job, I am just a spoiled brat maybe? ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just going by the pic’s I’ve seen I’d say your doing fine, visually your wave is just as good with less weight.

I was on a friends SE last weekend with upgraded rear bags and a little lead, that wave was fantastic. So far what I’m finding is absolutely these boats need lots of weight but I do think there’s a point that you should stop adding weight and start adjusting angles.
    86 Supra Sunsport
    16 MB Sports F21

Default May 2018 picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by wario View Post
    Just going by the pic’s I’ve seen I’d say your doing fine, visually your wave is just as good with less weight.

I was on a friends SE last weekend with upgraded rear bags and a little lead, that wave was fantastic. So far what I’m finding is absolutely these boats need lots of weight but I do think there’s a point that you should stop adding weight and start adjusting angles.
    You’re making a great point. I also hate to admit—the tallest wall of a wave is not the most fun to surf. Adding a little bow weight and speeding up makes a noticeably shorter height but much longer pocket, and if airs and such are your game that’s actually the cats meow. It’s not as sexy visually, but it rips. We were up to 12mph today, and the catch of the back of the pocket was so strong. It also takes the super grabby curl out of play.

But something about a wall that looks so cool—and takes great pics .

Got the boat in the water for the first time this year. Fired right up!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    Trayson, do you have pictures of the back of your subwoofers? I'm curious what the enclosure looks like and how it sits on top of the kick panel. I'd like to do something similar but I'm not real interested in cutting out the footrest.
    Well, I imagine this is the factory "footrest" as it's got wires and hoses running through it. Looks like it had a sub in there at one point.

The box that was built was basically a big wedge. The sides are right triangles (I think there might be a flat piece at the bottom that effectively chops off the very tip of the triangle.) But the basic idea is like the pic I drew below. Make the angle of the hypotenuse of the right triangle the same angle as the face of the footrest, then they'll mate up perfectly and the face of the box with the subs will be plumb. The box does NOT extend all the way to the gunwales, which should be kinda obvious since the gunwales curve outward from bottom to top.

It's pretty tricky to get the box in there. You have to definitely take out the cupholder enclosure. It'd be really easy to get it in if you removed the front seat.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Here's our launch ramp now that the Columbia River has hit flood stage. We're still riding though!

Close up on the downsteam dock... NO Parking! That dock is obviously unusable for boarding passengers, and the upstream side of the dock is covered with floating driftwood.

This is another of our local docks. The gangplank down to the water is usually at a 20 to 30 degree slope, and it's almost flat now.

Had a fun time on the water though. Worked on coaching a goofy rider, so after that a friend rode some heelside on the goofy wave.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Got the boat in the water for the first time this year. Fired right up!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    Nice!

2017 Supra SA

Y’all ever heard that free parts cost you the most?! It’s true. Used up a bunch of my time and patience on this free box with subwoofers. It’s starting to come together though. Pieces need to be coated and final finish on them.
    D9D22523-8F35-47AE-8E45-CBBD02670EC4.jpg
    DB50F4AC-9478-4A19-AD8E-75EB5435EABA.jpg
    2006 XLV

Finally got it out of the garage this year! Water temp hit 70 in KS so it was time to go!
    Kids are starting to learn and the wave was great. I have a new hammerhead I really wanted
    to get on but we spent 1/2 our time towing other boats back to the dock... Moomba power!

1lake.jpg
    2lake.jpg
    3lake.jpg
    2007 Mobius LSV - Sold

Went out on windy rough day in Conroe... so a normal day lol.
    My niece turned 16 yesterday, all she wanted to do was go on the boat, what a great kid. She even drove us to dinner at fajita jacks on the water! I figured she might as well get to drive something on her 16th!

And look at this concentration... my daughter is gonna be my new driver lol! She did great.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Went out on windy rough day in Conroe... so a normal day lol.
    My niece turned 16 yesterday, all she wanted to do was go on the boat, what a great kid. She even drove us to dinner at fajita jacks on the water! I figured she might as well get to drive something on her 16th!

And look at this concentration... my daughter is gonna be my new driver lol! She did great.
    That's awesome!
    2019 Supra SL450