Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Foil

Default Crazy Foil

Has anybody jumped on one yet? I am thinking of picking one up for the rough water days instead of surfing. At $400 it seems like a cheap way to try it out.

https://crazyfoil.com/
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Looks interesting, but no instructions for installing on a wakesurf board.
    2019 Supra SL450

why not just surf
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

^No Bindings.....
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

wait... what????
    you need bindings with a surfboard?

so i've been doing it all wrong......

Surfing with a foil with no bindings is a really good way in get hurt. I have seen a few stories already of it happening. If I ever get into it, I will be using a wakeboard at surf speeds. What is a surfboard really doing for you attached to a foil? It isn't like you're going to be throwing 3s and shuvits.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Surfing with a foil with no bindings is a really good way in get hurt. I have seen a few stories already of it happening. If I ever get into it, I will be using a wakeboard at surf speeds. What is a surfboard really doing for you attached to a foil? It isn't like you're going to be throwing 3s and shuvits.
    https://youtu.be/VeWre1pGQVs
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Well, it's nice to not having bindings when on the foil. Honestly I'd rather have my crashes just toss me off instead of still being attached to the board. I have one, and that's my preference thus far.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I don't see how being strapped to it is less dangerous than just standing on the board with no bindings.
    2019 Supra SL450

Tray... you are absolutely correct...
    part of the reason I don't wakeboard anymore are the all too common faceplants. granted it's at a faster speed than surfing but have yet to faceplant off a surfboard the same way you catch a frontside edge on a wakeboard.
    I'll take bindingless all day long.