Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Machine washing canvas boat cover

Has anyone washed your boat cover in a washing machine, if so how did it work? I tried washing by hand last year, did not work to well. I am thinking about trying a laundry mat washing machine but want to see if anyone did this already and if it worked. I know I will have to use mild soap or buy fabric cleaner. I already more waterproofing one it washed and dry. I just need to get year or 2 out of this cover.

Thanks,
    Mike

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2007 Moomba Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbyg88 View Post
    Has anyone washed your boat cover in a washing machine, if so how did it work? I tried washing by hand last year, did not work to well. I am thinking about trying a laundry mat washing machine but want to see if anyone did this already and if it worked. I know I will have to use mild soap or buy fabric cleaner. I already more waterproofing one it washed and dry. I just need to get year or 2 out of this cover.

Thanks,
    Mike

You need one of the really big rolling machines on delicate. Let it air dry.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Which cover do you have for your 2007? Is it grey and kinda thin or is it black with the buckled strap and a sunbrella like material?

If you have the grey one do not put it in a washing machine. They are pretty flimsy.
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)

I've done it at the local laundry mat and didn't have a problem. I did let air dry after.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

if you do wash it I think you would want to spray some protectant on it after for weatherproofing.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I have washed mine a few times now. I have the older grey one, original to my 2003. I wash mine about once every 2 years, depending on the amount of dust that settles on it during winter storage. Not used in the summer. Boat is garage kept, and trailered to landing. I use regular detergent, and the biggest machine at the laundry mat. Its the only item I put in. I do partially dry in a dryer on MED. It get tangled up on itself pretty bad in the dryer, have to pause and pull open. Then lay out on clean floor to finish dry. No waterproofing left in it after all the years, but that is not a concern for me.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Geary View Post
    Which cover do you have for your 2007? Is it grey and kinda thin or is it black with the buckled strap and a sunbrella like material?

If you have the grey one do not put it in a washing machine. They are pretty flimsy.
    The cover is from Ski Boat Covers, WeatherMAX material with the black buckled straps. The WeatherMAX material is actually pretty heavy material.

2007 Moomba Outback V

The cover is from Ski Boat Covers, WeatherMAX material with the black buckled straps. The WeatherMAX material is actually pretty heavy material.

The covers can be washed, but once they start to weather it'll fall apart pretty easily. Just depends the condition of the cover before washing it.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

It is washed! I was a little nervous, when I pulled the cover from the boat in the garage the stitches that hold the pad that holds the snap button for the support pole just broke off 3/4 the way around. I even called called Evaution to see cost and lead time for new cover, not surprised he said September. Cover is in good shape just have to find someone stitch the support pole pad back on. Cover is hanging in the basement with a fan on it for the last 1-1/2 hrs. and is almost dry. Next step waterproofing.

2007 Moomba Outback V

just have to find someone stitch the support pole pad back on.
    Screw that. Just put an iron on patch over the whole thing.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!