Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Underwater LED install

So the wife got me the "loki" boat plug light that replaces the rear drain plug flange. The install looks easy enough, but does anyone have a suggestion about the wiring part of it? I thought I saw a post about the wiring already being installed and run to the transom in the newer boats. Can anyone fill me in on where to find the wire that I need to tap into? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    So the wife got me the "loki" boat plug light that replaces the rear drain plug flange. The install looks easy enough, but does anyone have a suggestion about the wiring part of it? I thought I saw a post about the wiring already being installed and run to the transom in the newer boats. Can anyone fill me in on where to find the wire that I need to tap into? Thanks!

There’s a pig tail to the top and right of the transom, looking inside the engine bay, almost tucked behind the black trim piece that runs across the lip of the top deck of the hull. Just follow the hanging extraction hoses up from the exhaust pip and you will see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

You're the man, stazi! I have a couple other underwater LED lights that are on the weaker side. I might install them to run with the plug light. Can I tie those in with the boat plug light on the same wiring harness?

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    You're the man, stazi! I have a couple other underwater LED lights that are on the weaker side. I might install them to run with the plug light. Can I tie those in with the boat plug light on the same wiring harness?

Probably. All depends on how many amps your lights are pulling. Do you have the specs on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I do, but I'll have to dig them out and get back to you.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Matt, I have 2 sets of lights running off one switch. You may want to consider installing a fuseable link in line to the switch, otherwise you are relying on your switch breaker should anything bad happen.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Wait..... so there are already wires ran for this???
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    Wait..... so there are already wires ran for this???
    Could be. In the past 7-10 years, we've seen more and more manufacturers move to a common wiring harness for all their builds. The harness is built with all the leads needed to service all or nearly all the options the manufacturer offers.

Gone are the days of a base level harness and the assembly tech custom wiring portions of the boat for the added options. Its plug-n-play as the boat goes down the line. The extra materials used for the harness is offset in saved labor time.

Yes, the wires are there on the latest Moomba models. And they are connected to one of the accessory switches on the dash

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Man, so glad i read this!!! I have a dragon coming. Good stuff guys
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's