Default Blue Sea Add a Battery Starter Isolation

I've spent some time reading through several of the dual battery/blue sea threads and am planning to add this system.

Question related to Cab13367's thread on the starter isolation (SI) from this thread:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....with-ACR/page3

In that thread he discussed issues with it not working correctly and needing to wire it back to starter itself. There was no follow up on that thread on whether that method worked. I checked some of the links he left and am reposting his schematic and the pic of the yellow stripe starter wire he is saying you wire your SI to. Has anyone had success with what he proposed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

I have not read (or reread) that thread u linked, but is "it" referring to the ACR itself? You should not have to wire anything back to the starter. Everything related to the starter, should already be there.

Ill read through that thread and see if I can figure what issue he ran into.

I believe this quote explains it but I didn't see anyone post back to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    If your ignition cranking send wire, (ABYC and USCG yellow with red stripe) goes to +12 with the motor running, your starter will be cranking while the motor is running!

If indeed you really go to 12v positive in gear, there is a starter interrupt relay somewhere between the ignition switch and the starter relay. Move your SI wire to either that relay's output to the starter solenoid, or take it directly to the positive lug of your starter as a means of last resort.
    Phil
    Kicker
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Thats referring to wiring up the ignition interrupt, which is not needed 99% of the time.

But if its needed/wanted, you have to make 100% sure the crank lead at the key switch has 0V when in RUN. Otherwise, you need to go further down stream, till youdo find a point where the crank circuit is at 0V when in key is in RUN.

So not really re-wiring anything, just wiring to the correct spot after confirming. In the context of that thread, the OP did need to rewire the circuit he wire, not re-wire with boat or starter.