Thread: 07 Mobius ls

Default 07 Mobius ls

Hello all this is my first post. So hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. We just bought our first Moomba(07Mobius ls) finally took it out last weekend for the first time and was curious if anyone could answer a few questions. I have the gravity lll system with split rear tanks and wondering if anyone knew the size and if anyone knew of any upgrades to this without taking up space in the boat. With sacs everywhere. And does this have the over flows? The ski locker bag started pushing up the hatch and still had overflow coming out the side of the hull. Sorry if these have been asked but I looked through previous post and couldn’t find anything. Thanks guys for looking.

Welcome, I have an 07 LSV and I think the gravity 3 system is the same. You said "tanks" but I think you meant sacs, right? You should have a fat sac in each rear side locker. I think they are 750 lb sacks, but most people get bigger ones like 900 or 1100s to give you more weight. There is also a third sac in the ski lock (floor of the boat). That one is about 350 and yes it will push up the hatch when it gets full. All three bags should have a vent/overflow going out the side of the boat. The Gravity 3 system isn't the greatest but it does work. A company called Wakemakers has all of the bags, fittings, and complete replacement systems you could ever think of or want. A "reversible pump" system is what a lot of people upgrade to at some point. Bigger sacs or more sacs in the boat means less space unfortunately. Hope this helps. Keep asking questions if you have them.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

No sir, mine is the direct drive with 2 hard ballast tanks. I was wondering if I took those out and put a bags if that would add a little more weight.as for the over flow I guess it wasn’t full just a little cautious with that middle bag popping up the hatch. And thank you for the reply pal!

with a DD you'll be hard pressed to add more weight without having bags in the boat. you could get a bag like this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FAT-SEAT-WA...8AAOSwUwFaKA8n
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Thanks pal! I’ll look into that. I just ordered a mission delta hoping that will help as well. I was just curious as to if I had other options besides the hard tanks I didn know if a sack under the rear seat would give me more or not. I got ahold of moomba (SC) and they said the hard tanks were 300 and 350 in the locker. Kinda hard to believe by just looking at the sac in the locker and the tanks under the rear seat. But I think my next step I’m going to pull out the bag in the locker and get the dimensions of it to see if wake makers can make a better fitting bag with more weight? Would a front v bag help under the front seats?

You can definitely add an in bow sac under those seats.

Where does your 07 have the rear tanks? Mine is one long tank that the rear bench seat sits on top of.

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk
    2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    Hello all this is my first post. So hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. We just bought our first Moomba(07Mobius ls) finally took it out last weekend for the first time and was curious if anyone could answer a few questions. I have the gravity lll system with split rear tanks and wondering if anyone knew the size and if anyone knew of any upgrades to this without taking up space in the boat. With sacs everywhere. And does this have the over flows? The ski locker bag started pushing up the hatch and still had overflow coming out the side of the hull. Sorry if these have been asked but I looked through previous post and couldn’t find anything. Thanks guys for looking.
    No vents on the factory system. It forces water past drain pump. My center pops the hatch in my lsv. I am currently installing vents in my system. Wakemakers has everything you need, but you will have to use bags. Or lead.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2005 Mobius LSV GG3 Package w/ Acme 1433
    325 Indmar MPFI
    Ballast: 750s Rear, 400 Center, 2 spare 260s
    Kenwood KMR-440U
    Wetsounds WS-420
    JL M600/6 on 6 Polk MM6501UMs
    JL HD750.1 on a Kicker L7 10"
    JL HD600.4 on Kicker 6500.2 HLCDs

Darter, mine are under the rear seat as well, probably same amount as yours just splint into two tanks. James, thanks for the heads up. I’ll be looking into those when I do upgrade my system. A bunch of people I have talked to have told me about a system like that(probably the same one) I just got on there last night and looked so probably be my next upgrade. Thanks for getting back with me guys! This is a great bunch of people on here. Really like that I can ask questions and not made out to be a idiot like a lot of other forums I’m on. So thanks for that!!

I have the '08 LSV. Our front locker bags should be the same. Yes, when it is full it will pop the hatch. It overflows through the drain pump and out the side. I usually hit the drain switch for about 10 sec. to close the door. As for the rear ones, asking Wakemakers for custom fit bags seems like a good idea. Also, you mentioned a wake shaping device. This is a must on your hull. It really makes a difference.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!