Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

If you are close to rinkers I would ask or take by. I think the folks at slalom shop would help out on a boat that new. And if battery is bad you might not be out that much money to swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

For the sake of not arguing, let's say it is the batteries....Is Optima Blue top the way to go?

3 batteries, 1 for cranking on bank 1 and two for running & house power on bank 2? The two batteries on the same bank, are they wired in series or parallel?
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by supra.d View Post
    The “Autowake Questions” thread has some good discussion about what to run your battery switch at. Goose states that it there is a bit of controversy even within Skiers Choice in what to tell the consumer. They error on the side of caution in the manuals. It is some good reading, starts around the 95th post.

Goose basically states to run on 1+2 unless you are stopped and running stereo or whatever for a while. If doing that, then switch to 1 or 2 to save the other one just in case.

I’m a newbie, what he said makes total sense to me.

As far as your issue, it does sound like you have a weak battery or two, or maybe alternator.

Good luck!

Thanks D, that was the thread I was recalling earlier in here in responding to the OP. Running on 1 + 2 all the time has been my M.O.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

If I was going to suggest a single cranking and twin battery house setup, the blue top optima would not be my choice, especially for the house side. The blue top 31 is the larges in their stable. Its the same footprint of a 29 or 31 wet cell. Its cost is likelt 2-3 times a wet cell. But what do you get for that cast? Nearly half of the battery amp/hours, IIRC, the optima is like 55-65 Ah. A typicall 29 or 21 is 100+ Ah. So thats about half the play time for a battery thats easily 2X the cost.

So, if an AGM is the best battery type for you, there are far better amp/hour AGM's out there for the money. Id go with an 80ah for the cranking bank and two 100Ah for the house side.

Wet Cells; id go with a group 24 for the cranking and two 29's or 31's for the house .

Either way, if you have an on-board charger. both these options will impact it. Your charger may not be ideal for AGM and it could be on th elight side fo rthat large of a Amp/Hour setup.

I highly recommend the Interstate 31M-AGM for a stereo battery. It’s a dual purpose batt at 100hrs. That’s what I was running in my ‘06 with 4 amplifiers running two Rev410’s, the In boats and two W6’s with everything set on kill!
    Never had an issue with it. Price is pretty reasonable too if you have an Interstate shop nearby.
    Last edited by Broke Pilot; 04-27-2018 at 04:16 PM.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

So I swung by Advance Auto and had the batteries tested. They tested just fine

Dropped the Craz off at Rinker's, looks to be an issue with the starter. Warranty work...smdh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

All that wattage blew up the starter!!

2017 Supra SA

Aww dang... sorry to hear that. Sucks to have to drop the boat right before a beautiful weekend. We’re headed out tomorrow and Sunday hopefully. Always lookin for people to join us if you’re itching to get out! Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Gents,
    Great thread. However, I feel compelled to throw my .02$ in. After messing up with a multi position perko battery switch(forgetting to switch back). I put in a Automatic charging relay. It takes the effort out of battery isolation.
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Robo_Fighter View Post
    Gents,
    Great thread. However, I feel compelled to throw my .02$ in. After messing up with a multi position perko battery switch(forgetting to switch back). I put in a Automatic charging relay. It takes the effort out of battery isolation.
    This is the way they should come IMO.

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig