Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Another surf platform upgrade

Just thought I would post some pics of my new surf platform. I used 1” HDPE with a rounded edge all the way around. Dimensions are 54”x24” with “b stock” hydroturf. I can’t wait to get out surfing this weekend!

Before

After

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Nice job, we are looking to redo ours as well. May try teak if we can find it for a good price. Have you surfed on it yet? We figure the stock platform is so wide that it cuts into the wave. Did you notice a difference?

Looks like you haven’t been out yet. I’d be interested to hear when you have.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by crr1876 View Post
    Just thought I would post some pics of my new surf platform. I used 1” HDPE with a rounded edge all the way around. Dimensions are 54”x24” with “b stock” hydroturf. I can’t wait to get out surfing this weekend!

Before

After

I'd round those corners, sharp corners and boats don't mix.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

No I haven’t surfed it yet but the basic designed is copied from others on here so I’m hoping it’ll be good. I’ll report back for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    I'd round those corners, sharp corners and boats don't mix.
    I think they look a little sharper in the picture than they are, I smoothed them over with a flat file.

2007 Mobius LSV

Good to see another one of those giant old platforms go into storage. I found it really did make a difference for me. We got a good increase on our wake, much taller but not as long. It was a good trade. I modeled mine from a Craz and made it a tiny bit more narrow. My wife was worried it was going to be too small which got me worrying. Turns out it is perfect.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

I'm predicting that you're going to need to trim those corners down more. while it'll be good that you have a smooth bottom that doesn't dig into the wake, I'm thinking that your corners will still be in the wave. I had to trim mine down after the first test run. (I guess it depends on how much weight you and are how listed you are).

That said, it looks great and it's always easier to cut it down than to add material. so starting bigger with the possibility it'll need to be trimmed is wise. Just surf it and watch how much of your corner is still in the wave and take a good mental note of how much you'd want to trim off.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

looks good. Just out of curiosity, how much does a 1in sheet of cost? I'm thinking of doing this soon.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I'm predicting that you're going to need to trim those corners down more. while it'll be good that you have a smooth bottom that doesn't dig into the wake, I'm thinking that your corners will still be in the wave. I had to trim mine down after the first test run. (I guess it depends on how much weight you and are how listed you are).

That said, it looks great and it's always easier to cut it down than to add material. so starting bigger with the possibility it'll need to be trimmed is wise. Just surf it and watch how much of your corner is still in the wave and take a good mental note of how much you'd want to trim off.
    Yea I definitely will keep an eye out, don’t have to run too listed with the suck gate so I’m hoping it works.

Cost was $130.00 for a 1”x24”x60” here locally plus I paid $45 for them to cut it to size, round and route the edges for me.

2007 Mobius LSV

What type of business were you able to source the HDPE from? A plastics company?

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk
    2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

Amazon 24x48 is perfect size
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead