Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Supra SL stereo pops when starting

Have a new supra SL when you start the boat the amps make this really loud pop sound. I thought the boat backfired at first. Any thoughts?
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

He's not kidding. I just picked my SL up as well, and it has the same problem. There is static coming from the speakers even with the volume down to zero, but when you start the engine there is a loud pop, scared the crap out of me when it first happened! Seems odd that it is in two different boats?

I'm going to guess it's not your amps popping, but it is your speakers or sub. I'd start by making sure everything is grounded and tight at the battery and bus bars. I'd also check all the rca cables. Unplug them and plug them back in, both at the amps and the source unit. They may all look good and seated, but may have one slightly out. Good luck! I'm sure someone that knows a lot more than me may have a better explanation and solution.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Tried turning everything down to 0 in sound setup and it still did it. Hard to tell which is making the sound since it is so Loud!

Call or take to dealer. I would not even try to chase it down or fix it....$100k+ boat that’s under warranty. There may be a known issue that they can resolve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

First things first, turn the gains all the way down on the amps and see if it still pops.
    JL amps along with most others have a soft start feature so that’s not supposed to happen.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

http://caraudioadvice.com/how-to-fix...-turn-off-pop/

Here’s a good quick troubleshoot on it.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Thanks Broke Pilot, that looks like a good read. Seems odd that you would have to add anything like what is mentioned to a brand new boat.

Quote Originally Posted by euro2012 View Post
    Thanks Broke Pilot, that looks like a good read. Seems odd that you would have to add anything like what is mentioned to a brand new boat.
    The article assumes that everything is wired correctly and there are no component conflicts. So jumping right to a timer module on a brand new boat, would be skipping the basic steps, which the article does not address.

Best advice, let the dealer and manufacturers resolve it. This can be a component issue or an assembly line issue. They may already know the resolution, if not, they are learn from it and implement it moving forward.

My17 craz did that and what fixed it for me was changing the factory power to the head unit they had both keyed power and constant power tied together so I changed it to constant power to constant power and keyed power to keyed power and that got rid of the pop
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds