Default Drysuit/Water temp

Water skiing in med Oct. in Wi. Any takers

Just need to get the last ski in on the lake.

New to the lake this summer and want to be the last and first to ski on the lake,every year (or want the locals to know that we are the new crazys on the lake)

Always have used the boat a couple weekends before the docks go in .
    Is there any problems with the water being to cold for the engine on my Moomba?
    I use to use my waverunner in water that was just about slush using a drysuit.

Where in Wi.?

This would have been a good weekend, but I was bringing the boat in for winterization during the best part of Saturday.

We skied till Oct 10 last year on Balsam Lake. The thing to watch out for is the frost. I stuck a flood light under the boat cover over night just to keep the local temp warm. Only problem is dealer that did winterizer would not warrant their work because we had had two frosts by the time I got it in.

I oubt a dry suit will be needed in the next two weeks.
    Dave

I am telling you guys the WakeZone Drysuits are the way to go!
    We started at 10:00 am yesterday on the Missouri river here in Bismarck, ND. Water temp 57 air temp 58. With a drysuit it felt like the middle of summer!

I plan on going into November as long as I can get the boat in!

check them out www.wakezone.biz

I am going to winterize this week. I walked by my boat yesterday and got a whiff of that mildewy neoprene smell. Mad me more than a little sad. We're supposed to get snow above 6000' this week, so I'll just look forward to smowboarding.

Dave

Default Winter skiing

I skied 11 out of 12 months last year here in Des Moines, Iowa. We missed 1 because the lakes were completely frozen. I mainly barefoot skied. Just use a drysuit and layer underneath. Use a neo hood when the water and air temp. is in the 40's or below. Feet normally turns purple and takes hours for feeling to get back in them when the water temp. is in the 30's. Hoping to get all 12 months this year. I was in Waterski Magazine 1-1/2 years ago for extreme skiing.

Just pull 2 plugs on the sides of the engine block to drain the water and disconnect the garden hose type connection at the exhaust to drain water from the exhaust manifolds every time you take the boat out during the winter.

Just keep on skiing.