Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    Better check your info..... I’d focus on ‘15. Look close at the pics it has a lot of ‘16 features. First SC PWT boat was a SE. After SA redesign they switched.
    Ok I assumed the wrong year—not an info problem, a context problem. What ballast setup did this use? Factory? Then the entire other post rings true.

There is simply no way. When you go big big big, surfgate tops out and tabs keep on going. It’s just what happens.

And we aren’t even talking SL yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    Hoping to ride some Supras with 6k in ballast this summer. I know a guy that knows a guy. Super stoked. Hope to have my mind blown. Trust me I want SC to be the best!
    Come to SODAK. I will take ya!

I’d put my SA with enzo’s up against any wave out there. The SL was somewhat disappointing with stock ballast, and 5 not so small guys lol. I wouldn’t even count my wife on there. We tried moving her around and the boat didn’t care.
    Now I just need some lead for the nose to keep the autowake happier.

I’m with Dakota, once you sink the gates on a Malibu/axis they become ineffective. The A23 we demo’d a few years back had plug n play in it with1100’s (that couldn’t easily fill all the way up) in the rear. It was a bear to steer first off, and second the wave was junk. Water spilled over the gate and ruined it until you either drained water or didn’t use the wedge. Now somethings might have changed over the last 3-4 years, but I doubt it.
    I thought I remember reading somewhere that the guys that are hardcore surfing a Malibu or axis aren’t using the gate system once they’re over a certain amount of weight in the boat... I’m gonna have to go find that now.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

On the Malibu and Axis, my friends that slam the back run a lot of bow weight to even the boat out and it throws a nice wave. It's the bow rise that I don't like with them. I'll keep my dialed in Mojo.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Now we are seeing some reports of exactly what I know to be true. I thought I was dreaming!

Stock to stock you may indeed have something with a Malibu, but slammed is a whole different animal.

We are also using a bow sac to even the boat out, and yes the bow rides very high. Without the bow sac the boat won’t pull the load if you bury the wedge (which you need to do to get any steepness). Too nose high.

Either way there is no comparison to the 5000# plus ballasted SE.

BTW, I like the Malibu boat, and so does he. It’s a good boat and and very sweet looking. And it throws a 7/10 surf wave. Good enough to have major fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    I’d put my SA with enzo’s up against any wave out there. The SL was somewhat disappointing with stock ballast, and 5 not so small guys lol. I wouldn’t even count my wife on there. We tried moving her around and the boat didn’t care.
    Now I just need some lead for the nose to keep the autowake happier.

I’m with Dakota, once you sink the gates on a Malibu/axis they become ineffective. The A23 we demo’d a few years back had plug n play in it with1100’s (that couldn’t easily fill all the way up) in the rear. It was a bear to steer first off, and second the wave was junk. Water spilled over the gate and ruined it until you either drained water or didn’t use the wedge. Now somethings might have changed over the last 3-4 years, but I doubt it.
    I thought I remember reading somewhere that the guys that are hardcore surfing a Malibu or axis aren’t using the gate system once they’re over a certain amount of weight in the boat... I’m gonna have to go find that now.
    SL with 1000# lead and some people on board is reported to be remarkable. I am eager to taste it.

Weighted dead level it switches perfectly clean too. That part is pretty amazing to me. Cautiously optimistic....

Default Help! After 10 years with the Moomba leaning towards a new Axis A24

Add 1,000 pounds of lead to any boat and the wave gets better.

2017 Supra SA

Default Help! After 10 years with the Moomba leaning towards a new Axis A24

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Add 1,000 pounds of lead to any boat and the wave gets better.

Ummm yep. If your surf system can handle it.

Not sure what your getting at. Reports I have heard that the SL becomes bananas. That’s what I was insinuating. Better than other boats with 1000#—important point being the boat handles it easily.

And truly clean level switching is really a first of its kind.

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Thanks for info on build time! We’ve been looking at it tonight and made a color change. Black metal flake on dark graphite. Tint the windshield and bam

Not too interested in the brand battle pissing match. But I seriously dig the black flake. that thing is sick.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post

As far as some surf festival producing reliable data, thats all fine and good if all the boats are set up optimally. There is no information on the Supra setup. Since the Malibu and Axis offerings are the easiest and simplest to set up, I would expect their waves to be very consistent. The Supra is trickier, no question. They Supra also needs MORE WEIGHT. A LOT MORE WEIGHT. Same with Moomba offerings. That's actually a knock on it if you ask me--but it can handle the weight. You cannot dial a Malibu to that extent because eventually the water washes over the gates and all hell breaks loose. Not to mention the motor being unable to pull it after a certain level. But man, if you think a dialed SE and a 23LSV have the same waves you are smoking some extremely good peyote. And, bring some to SDakota and I will take you surfing behind my SE and we can smoke some more!

If you find out how that SE was set up at the vaunted Southern Surf Fest, let me know. I cannot find in all the videos, writeups, website.
    Since you asked, I'll ride back in to the mix for this one. I am one of the co-founders/co-organizers of Southern Surfest. Each manufacturer is provided direction to set their respective boat(s) up to provide the optimal wave/results. Additionally, we work extremely hard to select participants that are not "brand ambassadors" and spend hours vetting the data to ensure that the results published provide an accurate assessment of the boats & boards. For 2017, the Malibu 24 MXZ took the top spot.