Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Lest we not forget: the Raptor kicks some major ass in these boats. It pulls HARD. I came from a 24’ 4600# MB with an L96 410. Ran 5000# ballast and that motor barely handled it (actually struggled on hot days) and DRANK fuel. 9+ gallons per hour. Also had to run a 15x11 prop to even sniff it.

Now I have an SE with a 440 Raptor. 5500# boat, 5100# ballast and it easily pulls it at 3700 rpm with a 2775 prop. All this while doing 5.5-6 gallons per hour. It’s absolutely insane how well this motor pulls.

The fuel burn is just icing on the cake.

Raptor has nothing but impressed me. Only knock—it’s kinda loud, but that’s the boatmakers fault. I have dynamatted and installed FAE to take care of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shoe is finally on the other foot for me! I've got a Coyote powered race car, 2 F100's (300 straight 6 and 390 FE) and a coyote F150 in the driveway, but had GM powered boats for a decade. I'm pretty stoked to have a 6.2L on the way!
    Last edited by korey; 04-20-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Specific to OP....
    If Malibu is using Raptors, and Axis is not... and Axis is the "value line" of the same company, doesn't that mean the Raptor is the preferred choice absent the economics of it? At least it seems that way from Malibu Inc's perspective.

Further, it's awesome to see Skier's Choice use Raptors in ALL their boats. That tells me that even for their value line (Moomba), they don't sacrifice on the "bones" i.e. power train, of their boats. They can still offer a "value" boat by saving costs elsewhere.
    Last edited by Pound; 04-20-2018 at 11:21 AM.
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    Specific to OP....
    If Malibu is using Raptors, and Axis is not... and Axis is the "value line" of the same company, doesn't that mean the Raptor is the preferred choice absent the economics of it? At least it seems that way from Malibu Inc's perspective.
    I haven’t thought of it like that, though I know what my personal preferred choice is, but excellent point!

It’s working guys, I’ve already inquired with my local Moomba dealer about available mojo build slots, waiting to hear back. My fiancé has been building them on the website and texting me pics all morning lol.

On another note my 08 obv has less than 300 hours on it, is in great condition, and I’ve added 3 reversible ballast pumps all on timers, LED lights throughout, sub/amp and dual batteries. Do y’all think getting $25k for it private sale here in NC is reasonable? Or is $20k more realistic? One of my best friends is interested in it especially since he knows the history and how particular I am about my toys and their maintenance. I even think he came over to check it out the day I brought it home from the dealer.

Thanks guys

Any info on the 2019 line or when build dates start for those?
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    I hope you take a demo in the MAX vs the Axis, it's a lot of boat and performance out of the box.
    Look at yor rocking something Wakeology! I used to ride for them before they sold out to new owners. Haven't seen anything from them lately...
    Another best friend of mine rode for them as well! (his board in the boat)
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I haven’t thought of it like that, though I know what my personal preferred choice is, but excellent point!

It’s working guys, I’ve already inquired with my local Moomba dealer about available mojo build slots, waiting to hear back. My fiancé has been building them on the website and texting me pics all morning lol.

On another note my 08 obv has less than 300 hours on it, is in great condition, and I’ve added 3 reversible ballast pumps all on timers, LED lights throughout, sub/amp and dual batteries. Do y’all think getting $25k for it private sale here in NC is reasonable? Or is $20k more realistic? One of my best friends is interested in it especially since he knows the history and how particular I am about my toys and their maintenance. I even think he came over to check it out the day I brought it home from the dealer.

Thanks guys

Any info on the 2019 line or when build dates start for those?
    I would sure as hell try to get $25+ for it. especially if you sell in the peak season. Clean, low hours, well sorted v-drive. you'll get it easy IMO.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    My fiancé has been building them on the website and texting me pics all morning lol
    Damn, I wish I could get that kind of buy in from my wife. My boat is still the source of fights.

Hmm, that would be a good name for the boat...

"... And then the fight started"
    2019 Supra SL450

I heard through the grapevine that Skiers Choice is buying Indmar or absorbing them or something like that. I over heard a conversation the dealer was having at the boat show. Please Note I was pretty inebriated so take it with a grain of salt.

OP, buy another Moomba dummy

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

As a Chevy / GM guy I love the raptor over the out going gm block. Our Mondo was a 2014 with the 5.7 and the 2017 SR 400 moves with the 6.2 and uses less fuel. I just say look it's a Chevy pulling a Ford, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    And, for the love of all things good, getting an Axis because it has a GM motor is Cra Cra man! The Moomba boat and surf wave crushes Axis!

The A24and T23. Have crazy surf waves. And I believe Malibu /axis is making there own engine in 19 or 20. I loved my Moomba for10 years. Obv and xlv.with reliable performance not a real issue once

Mojo pro is where I would lean. I can’t get there on the max yet , but I said that about the first mojo too. When I had the opportunity to buy one of the first off the line , xlv with v2. Is still my fav moomba
    Last edited by jmvotto; 04-22-2018 at 09:45 AM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold