Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I like the axis I think they look damn good. As far as the motor is concerned I was hesitant too especially being a Ram cummins guy. But for the last few summers my buddies moomba has pulled me a lot and never had any issues with his raptor and the price point features etc was a easy decision for me on the moomba. I still catch hell for owing something ford lol but I don’t care I love my mojo. And besides the way I see it, it’s a dodge pulling a ford. And honestly I’d lease a ford truck if my truck wasn’t about to be paid off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    You know, I do believe they went to Raptor now that you mention it. My friends '16 23LSV has the Raptor. Does Chevy even make a marine engine? Though I read somewhere that GM wasn't producing the 5.7l block any longer?
    Axis uses GM based Indmars. 5.7 and 6.0 I think. Malibu uses the Ford Raptor Indmars.

And, for the love of all things good, getting an Axis because it has a GM motor is Cra Cra man! The Moomba boat and surf wave crushes Axis!

[QUOTE=dakota4ce;323742]Axis uses GM based Indmars. 5.7 and 6.0 I think. Malibu uses the Ford Raptor Indmars.

Indmar only has Ford Raptors now. PCM bought all the rights to GM based engines.
    And yes Axis does use the Crusader (which is PCM) Monsoon engines. I can’t believe PCM and Indmar aren’t fighting over Axis/Malibu since they use different engines down the ‘same’ assembly line.

But I’m with Dakota... the moomba supra wave crushes the surf gate system in my opinion. When I demo’d an axis a few years back i felt like the boat needed power steering to help the driver fight the surf gate. The force it puts on the wheel is pretty good.
    Last edited by Broke Pilot; 04-20-2018 at 12:12 AM.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Am I crazy???
    Yes.

I've always been a Ford guy, but I drive a 2015 Chevy 3500 Duramax. Why? Because it's as good a truck as the Ford, and I couldn't have gotten a comparably-equipped Ford for anywhere near the price I got on my Chevy. I love my truck - but I'm still a Ford guy.

Whether my boat had a Ford or GM motor was not even a consideration. I do wish it had the Raptor though (2014, no Raptor motor yet).
    2019 Supra SL450

Thanks for all the input guys, especially the experience with surf waves. I have not ridden behind or driven an axis or a newer moomba. It’s also good to hear that everyone seems pleased with their raptor power plant.

We actually just got a moomba dealer in town that is 5 miles closer to me than the axis dealer. Back in 2008 the closest moomba dealer was about 80 miles away.

Does anyone know if the max will have better gel color patterns/options for 2019?

Here’s some pics of my pride and joy for the last decade

2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

[QUOTE=Broke Pilot;323745]
    Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Axis uses GM based Indmars. 5.7 and 6.0 I think. Malibu uses the Ford Raptor Indmars.

Indmar only has Ford Raptors now. PCM bought all the rights to GM based engines.
    And yes Axis does use the Crusader (which is PCM) Monsoon engines. I can’t believe PCM and Indmar aren’t fighting over Axis/Malibu since they use different engines down the ‘same’ assembly line.

But I’m with Dakota... the moomba supra wave crushes the surf gate system in my opinion. When I demo’d an axis a few years back i felt like the boat needed power steering to help the driver fight the surf gate. The force it puts on the wheel is pretty good.
    So I was right about them being GM, but wrong about them being Indmar! I will accept that as a team win.

I, like you, find it peculiar that everybody is cool with that. The Crusaders must be significantly cheaper.

The 5.7 liter GM motors don’t have closed loop cooling which I am sure makes them much less expensive

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys, especially the experience with surf waves. I have not ridden behind or driven an axis or a newer moomba. It’s also good to hear that everyone seems pleased with their raptor power plant.

We actually just got a moomba dealer in town that is 5 miles closer to me than the axis dealer. Back in 2008 the closest moomba dealer was about 80 miles away.

Does anyone know if the max will have better gel color patterns/options for 2019?
    I hope you take a demo in the MAX vs the Axis, it's a lot of boat and performance out of the box.
    Look at yor rocking something Wakeology! I used to ride for them before they sold out to new owners. Haven't seen anything from them lately...
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Here is my take on GM vs Ford.

I was a Chevy guy my whole life, but since GM couldn’t look after their own sh*t and started bleeding money back in the Great Recession to the point they took a government bail out just to stay in business, and wiped out the value of their common share price, I jumped ship to Ford. I bought GM stock and lost everything I put into it, if I had bought Ford at the same time, my money would have multiplied by over 6 times. Yes, I know Ford took government money at the time, but they said they didn’t need it, and they were able to return value to their shareholders.

GM is a company that shouldn’t even be in business today and deserves love from nobody.

Sorry for being so negative, just a little sour. I too would still run a GM if they have a product I’m wanting or in the market for, but in no way will I throw them love just because of the brand.