Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Only knock—it’s kinda loud, but that’s the boatmakers fault. I have dynamatted and installed FAE to take care of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You dynamatted the engine compartment? Any pics?
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    The A24and T23. Have crazy surf waves.
    I have ridden the best a 2017 23LSV could throw, and it’s not crazy. I have NOT ridden the new A24, just the older one. So I can’t judge the newest, but the old was not good.

Anyway, these things can be argued all day. I have a Supra SE, which is incredible, and I really suspect the Max comes very close.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    You dynamatted the engine compartment? Any pics?

VDrive cover underside in my SE. Removed and covered. Also did firewall area directly in front of motor, and underside of engine hatch cover. Have not done inside rear locker walls...yet. Figured that likely isn’t a big sound source. I am guessing the VDrive cover is most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post

VDrive cover underside in my SE. Removed and covered. Also did firewall area directly in front of motor, and underside of engine hatch cover. Have not done inside rear locker walls...yet. Figured that likely isn’t a big sound source. I am guessing the VDrive cover is most of it.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of doing that but it's a great addition to FAE which is next on my upgrade list.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I was looking at the A22s as well. New to the surf line of boat, so came in with a pretty open mind. Came to the final conclusion of...Malibu really cuts corners on the Axis, so don't really consider it being a Malibu.

1 - the Tower is an accident waiting to happen if you have kids. The flip style contraption that is used to lock it in place seems like trouble. This weighed heavily for me as I do have 2 kids <10 YO.
    2 - didn't like the plastic wrapped windows
    3 - unless 2018 or newer, the wedge is manual...meaning it has an access door on the rear platform where you have to engage it.
    4 - have yet to hear about good dealership service post sale

my $0.02...I ended up with a Craz.
    2018 Moomba Craz + 500#
    2006 Four Winn H190
    Gull Lake

Sucks to loose money on stocks and hear a bunch of high paid execs make excuses for it.
    2018 Supra SL400

Today I went by the new moomba dealership in town with my fiancé to decide between the max and mojo and check out different upholstery color combos and options (I have vowed to not have bright white vinvl on a boat EVER again).

Well, I was once again blown away by how much storage and room there is on the max. The last time I looked at one was at a boat show in January or February and I had forgotten how seriously HUGE that boat is! The mojo is a major upgrade in storage space coming from the outback v, but I can not justify paying more for it. The mojo is absolutely gorgeous with lots of gel color/pattern/graphics options and the max leaves something to be desired aesthetically, but man I cannot get over the storage space.

My fiancé and I plan on having kids soon and we already have a 6yo from my previous marriage, and once I sac out a mojo I can see the boat getting tight again with all the stuff that comes with young children. She 100% agreed. The dealer has a max build open that would ship end of May, and he can still make changes for a few more days (supposedly; can anyone confirm timeframes?). Here’s what we are looking at:

No stereo options as I’d rather do this myself to get more bang for the buck.

Another thing he mentioned is an 8% price increase for 2019, can anyone confirm that as well?

Thanks for all the replies and bringing me back onboard guys!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I to have been a Chevy guy and was looking at Supreme and Axis for that very reason. After talking with my dealer, some emails to Skiers Choice and comparing the fit and finish of the 3 it was a no brainer to try a Ford engine and get a Moomba Mojo. I love it. I've only had it out twice but power is awesome, handles like a sports car (I'm coming out of stern drives), and good on fuel. I ordered my Mojo and toured the factory when mine was being built. I'm in Virginia and it was about a month from when they started the build until I took delivery at my dealer. Build time was 2 weeks and it sat on the lot for a week before I picked it up. Can't comment on the 8% but I'm sure they do an increase every year.

Looks killer!
    Boatless for now

Thanks for info on build time! We’ve been looking at it tonight and made a color change. Black metal flake on dark graphite. Tint the windshield and bam

2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018