Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with Swivel rack install?

I recently purchased a '17 Helix that came with fixed racks. I had the dealership order the parts to swap it over to swivel racks. They wanted $250.00 to put the new quick disconnect fitting and swivel on once the parts came in so I said, no thanks, just order the parts and I'll install it. When I got back home there were no instructions in the parts box so I had to figure what parts I needed to reuse from the fixed set-up, ect. I thought it would be a pretty straight forward install but I had a few questions so I can make sure they are correct. I've got them installed for now but not sure if they are correct.

1- does the black push pin (that unlocks it) go on top or bottom?
    2- are the racks suppose to lock out in both positions? (facing outward and when you pull them in to take off/load boards)
    I ask this because the swivel parts were labeled P and S for port/starboard but when I installed them on the correct sides with the black pin facing down (which looked like that was how it was suppose to be installed) the racks locked out in the inward position (inside boat) but when you pushed the racks back outward, they do not lock, they just swing til it hits the rubber stop and then swing freely.
    I thought they would lock in the outward position and then swing inward to remove the boards, then lock them back in out position. When they face inward and lock, they look like they would be in the way inside the boat with boards attached.
    I wanted to make sure they're suppose to operate this way, are they installed correctly, or are they not working correctly?

They are Roswell brand racks and swivels.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

They should lock in the out position. Google search some images. Contact Roswell, they have always been very helpful to me.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    They should lock in the out position. Google search some images. Contact Roswell, they have always been very helpful to me.
    Thanks for that!
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

The black release pin goes on the bottom.

The racks will lock into position both outward & inward.

I attached a pic of my '17 Mondo with the swivel racks.... I think you should be able to zoom in to see how they are assembled.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Ken View Post
    The black release pin goes on the bottom.

The racks will lock into position both outward & inward.

I attached a pic of my '17 Mondo with the swivel racks.... I think you should be able to zoom in to see how they are assembled.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks, for some reason mine only lock out in one position and with the pin positioned down, that puts it locking out when the racks are in the boat and swinging freely when racks are pushed out. I'm going to have to contact ROSWELL to find out what the issue is. I don't think they're installed incorrectly because it's a pretty straight forward install as far as parts go. It just seemed to me that the racks should lock out in both positions and mine do not.

Mondo Ken, I really like the color scheme on your boat. It looks really good.
    Last edited by LAwake; 04-17-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

I believe, from memory the racks don't easily lock in the outward position. Try pushing further out on the racks and the pin should then spring up.

When I want to release the racks, I again push out (wiggle) the rack prior to pulling the pin down.

P.S.... Thx for the compliment. It was many of nights & beers on the Moomba site trying to get a combination I was happy with.

I believe, from memory the racks don't easily lock in the outward position. Try pushing further out on the racks and the pin should then spring up.

When I want to release the racks, I again push out (wiggle) the rack prior to pulling the pin down.

P.S.... Thx for the compliment. It was many of nights & beers on the Moomba site trying to get a combination I was happy with.
    Those beers and Moomba "build my boat" nights paid off because its sharp. Those colors are the same as my Helix but the Mondo's design scheme is way better than the Helix, IMO.

I'm gonna try pushing out like you mentioned because I just read the exact same thing on another forum site. A guy wrote what you did almost verbatim. He said because the swivels were brand new and not broke in, he had to really push out hard to get the pin to lock. He said swinging inward it locked automatically but for some reason pushing out, it had to be cycled several times for it to start locking easily.
    That would make perfect sense because mine are brand new and I only tried pushing them out a few times. I didn't force the issue in case I had installed something wrong. I did not want to break it after dropping the $$$ I had to in order to get them. I'm gonna go to my storage place and try to look at it tomorrow.
    Thanks again for the info and suggestion.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

Good luck!

Keep us updated.

Good luck!

Keep us updated.
    Sorry it took so long to give an update but work has been hectic and I've been tied up the last few days. Anyway, I got over to where I have my boat stored and was able to take a look at the racks again. Sure enough, it was a matter of simply pushing them out a littler bit harder to force them to lock into place. Since they were brand new, it was difficult getting the pin to engage and lock the swivel down. IT'S ALL GOOD NOW.
    Thanks again for the recommendation and info!
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    LeadWake bags

The instructions from Roswell say to put the release pin up not down, on the mag swivels anyway,and they lock in and out. Was a 5 minute install

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds