Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boosting Airs

So if I wanted to go to a surf school, any recommendations? I see a lot of schools advertised, but I suspect their wakesurfing knowledge and ability to teach vary widely.

Also, who is going to create the "wakesurfing book". I'd buy it--I can't even get a 360 down (well the 360 is fine, catching the wave after is the hard part).

Quote Originally Posted by Hackmeister View Post
    So if I wanted to go to a surf school, any recommendations? I see a lot of schools advertised, but I suspect their wakesurfing knowledge and ability to teach vary widely.

Also, who is going to create the "wakesurfing book". I'd buy it--I can't even get a 360 down (well the 360 is fine, catching the wave after is the hard part).
    It all depends on the teacher, there's lots of schools but seems like more are for beginners. I spent 3 days with wakesurfNC by Jay baker and his crew. They were training for the wakesurf world's competition. It was an awesome experience, I learned so much you watching them, picked up lots of stuff that should've been basic. As well as riding revert, revert 360s and other spins.

It was a great time, little hard to get to, but well worth it. You can also watch the streams from the wakesurf competitions, those are the best for learning new stuff. You can even watch Jay.. Lol
    Last edited by parrothd; 04-26-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Hackmeister View Post

There are a few "schools" but not like the wakeboarding schools. Let me know where you are at and I can help find a local pro and/or where there may be a competition close to you. Some pros will come in early/stay late at a comp to give lessons.

Indiana, but I have a vehicle so will travel.

i hope the sarcasm is very thick on this response

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    It all depends on the teacher, there's lots of schools but seems like more are for beginners. I spent 3 days with wakesurfNC by Jay baker and his crew. They were training for the wakesurf world's competition. It was an awesome experience, I learned so much you watching them, picked up lots of stuff that should've been basic. As well as riding revert, revert 360s and other spins.

It was a great time, little hard to get to, but well worth it. You can also watch the streams from the wakesurf competitions, those are the best for learning new stuff. You can even watch Jay.. Lol
    Parrothd, where are you located? We live in Raleigh and spend a lot of time on Lake Gaston each summer. Have seen Jay and his boats around quite a bit, but never taken a lesson. May need to look him up this summer.
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelskier View Post
    Parrothd, where are you located? We live in Raleigh and spend a lot of time on Lake Gaston each summer. Have seen Jay and his boats around quite a bit, but never taken a lesson. May need to look him up this summer.
    I'm in Chicago, he's a great guy, really good coach. I plan to do another weekend with him, just getting there is $$$. If take a lesson with him, ask if you can join with other clients. Gives you a lot more time to rest and watch other surfers.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead