Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default New fly high bags....

So I just ordered the 1100 pound Ballast bags for my new moomba, I did a search and can't seem to figure it out. My new bags claim to be a direct replacement for the OEM connectors, but from pics it doesn't appear that the new bags have fittings on them. Do these normally ship with fittings? Can I remove the ones from my stock 650 bags? Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can remove the ones on the stock pags and screw them into the new ones. A little pipe thread tape is recommended. Enjoy the MOOMBA!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Are they like epoxied on? I swear they are impossible to get off. Or do I just have girly hands???? Lol

2016 Intense Green Moomba Helix
    Fly High Ballast Bags (2,700LBS Total)

It's just a little rubber cement. Wakemakers used to have a video on how to get them out with a little heat:

https://www.wakemakers.com/resources...-ballast-bags/

Just be careful you don't destroy the old bag. Or, you can order new ones for a couple of bucks.

EDIT: Here is the new location of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma4AqkS42HA
    Last edited by kaneboats; 04-20-2017 at 01:16 PM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by s281cheddar View Post
    Are they like epoxied on? I swear they are impossible to get off. Or do I just have girly hands???? Lol

I just did this yesterday afternoon. I wrapped the fitting in a couple of turns of electrical tape, got a pair of vise grips and my wife's hair drier. I used the hair dryer for 2 minutes on each fitting and then used the vise grip and it came loose. As stated before, be very careful to not damage the bag or the fitting on the bag.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

it works ,

you just have to be patient
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Hey Cheddar, I've mentioned in another thread somewhere that I believe I got douped by the dealer who sold me the Mojo last fall that rear bags had been upgraded to the 1100s. I finally got around to measuring since my audio project is complete and they are like 18x18x48, as best I can measure without them being full. Seeing the dimensions given by many on the thread of 1100s, I doubt these come close. The are solid black and have no other ID except Fly High, Made in the USA. Can you compare to your 650s to help ID what bags I have?
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Those sound like the stock 650 bags. I would definitely take this up with your dealer and have him swap them out for the 1100 bags you paid for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    it works ,

you just have to be patient
    Patience, yes. I tried using the hair dryer at first for only 30 seconds and was going to give up. Then I set a timer for 2 minutes and heated for the full 2 minutes and off they came.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Hey Cheddar, I've mentioned in another thread somewhere that I believe I got douped by the dealer who sold me the Mojo last fall that rear bags had been upgraded to the 1100s. I finally got around to measuring since my audio project is complete and they are like 18x18x48, as best I can measure without them being full. Seeing the dimensions given by many on the thread of 1100s, I doubt these come close. The are solid black and have no other ID except Fly High, Made in the USA. Can you compare to your 650s to help ID what bags I have?
    That sounds exactly like what I have now. I will post a pic and try to get the dimensions in the AM. I will def have to try a bit longer I guess cause I pretty much just gave up today trying to get them off. Is there any place that could use the extra bags if I just went ahead an ordered new fittings??? Is there a specific fitting I need??? I see these high flow ones but it says they are for Malibu. Thanks guys!