Default Trailering With Bimini Top

I just bought. Mobius V that came with a Bimini top. It doesn't really fit inside of the boat. I'm thinking about trailering the boat with the Bimini top installed. It has a cover over it and I would leave it covered while traveling. I have to go on the highway to get to the lake (65mph). Anyone see any issues with this? Sill it put too much stress on the top? I'm sorry if this is a dumbass question...
    -Scott

2000 Moomba Mobius V

Post some pictures, you mention a cover so have to assume the bimini folds somehow? On my LSV I had a bimini that rolled up, support arms folded in half and covered. I traveled 300 miles like that with zero issues. My SA has the Z5 Cargo Bimini and it does not fold or roll up. I go short distances with it in place, no issues even at highway speeds.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Roll up the bimini and you'll probably be fine. Leave it out and you'll end up with a ragged mess. The guy who made mine guaranteed it to the top speed of the boat so maybe 40-ish mph. I have a zipper cover when rolled up and it is also strapped to the tower and holds up to 80mph no problem.

My buddy has a rigid frame (thick) bimini on his Malibu with not snaps - all sewn - and leaves it up all the time. It still works an looks ok but has stretched a bit and tends to flap in the wind now.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Yea, if its folded up and the zipper cover is on you should be able to strap it to the tower. The zipper bag should have the straps built into it. I lock it in the "up" position and wrap the straps twice around the tower and it doesn't move a bit. Run close to 80 all the time.

This pic shows it in stowed position:

stowed.jpg
    Last edited by kaneboats; 04-12-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Our's had the zippered cover and strapped to the tower like Kane mentioned. Brought it up from South Carolina to Virginia that way with no issues.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Thanks for all the info. I don't have any straps on the zipper cover to hold it to the tower. So I'll have to rig something up. Here are some pictures of my bimini set up.IMG_20180412_185619.jpgIMG_20180412_185638.jpg
    -Scott

2000 Moomba Mobius V

I would think it would be fine as is. It has support in the back. Mine doesn't have that so it has to strap to the top of the cage.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

My old boat had the same style Bimini top. It didn’t have the zip cover so I would disconnect the rear braces and let it lay on the boat and wrap the fabric with a rope so it didn’t flop in the wind . You’ll be fine in that position with the cover installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

those biminis with thin tubing attached to the windshield will bounce around a lot when on the road. I have passed many on the way up and down the canyons and i would not travel like that. You could sew a couple of straps to the bimini cover that then help support it over the tower which i think would help a lot. Just a thought.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190