Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Good news I got it off. Bad news what have I done? I think I can simply pry off the spot welded tabs from the inside with a screwdriver to remove the flaps. I will reinstall with enough Vaseline to Intrigue a 15 year old boy. Removal was done with a series of twisting of the pipe. About a 15 "phuck!" Job.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by flienlow; 04-06-2020 at 03:14 PM.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Ummm Yeah.that is some strong material. Laid waste to 2 unibits right off the bat. Threw a 1/2 inch drill bit at it and it spit in my face. I tried to bend them open with a pry bar and it asked if I was feeling cute. I need a die grinder and dont own one.

2019 MAX

What is the trick to getting the baffle out? Did you just push the hose to the side as far as you can or did you bend it in half to make room for it slide off? I am sure there is something I am just missing.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Let me know how it goes. I feel that Stazi is right and that if something ever happened, you would down with Davy Jones right quick like. And just think of all the beer you would lose? I am think I am going to through bold mine just for piece of mind.
    I guess it doesnt take much more to bolt it anyways. They are right, might as well take the extra precaution.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Bolt it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    What is the trick to getting the baffle out? Did you just push the hose to the side as far as you can or did you bend it in half to make room for it slide off? I am sure there is something I am just missing.

So I got down there and rotated the hose bunch of times.. I removed all the clamps and would rotate will pushing toward the rudder. Then I would kink the hose a bit and bend it straight up and pull. This is about finess when working around the blower ext. But rotate the shit out of it. That seems to loosen it up. Mine eventually popped off.
    Last edited by flienlow; 04-06-2020 at 10:03 PM.
    2019 MAX

Not perfect but definitely good enough. Neighbore had a Dremel and We hammered it, beat on it and eventually got most of material cut out. then it was kids dinner, and bedtime so we called it a day. I think I'm going to leave it at this. If I had better tools this would probably be a non-event but in hindsight I should have bought the damn tube.

2019 MAX

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    So I got down there and rotated the hose bunch of times.. I removed all the clamps and would rotate will pushing toward the rudder. Then I would kink the hose a bit and bend it straight up and pull. This is about finess when working around the blower ext. But rotate the shit out of it. That seems to loosen it up. Mine eventually popped off.
    Awesome, I will give it a try. Thank you.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

I taped blue tape around the hole and found the hole center with a square. I then drew a center line. I cheated the pipe up a hair in the hole then marked and drilled a pilot hole followed by the 11/64 drill bit all what paying close attention to drill angle(keeping it slightly up.) I then used the wood screw to tighten up the pipe on the top hole. Once the kid and I decided what was straight I took the sharpe and eyeballed the next two holes in the slots and drilled them out. I bought 1/4-20 SS machine screws, but thinking I will down size to 3/16 tomorrow so we scrapped install. I decided I had better fit that exhaust hose in because it would be extremely difficult to do with exhaust in. I used spray away glass cleaner to lube the tube and shovel the baffle pipe in engine side to the sharpe mark I made. We then lubed the other tube up and fussed and cussed it in but me bending and rotating with neighbor shoving it in with hand from transom hole. Tomorrow we final drill, test fit, then lube and goo.
    2019 MAX

Thank you flienlow for posting all the tips.

I finally got around to finishing mine. I was able to get the baffle out bending the rear hose and wrapping a rope around it while someone pulled. The only thing I did was keep the clamps on the baffle so it came off with the hose. It was a little easier removing the baffle from the rear hose in a vise once it was out vs removing it still inside the boat if that makes any sense.

I used silicone spray to help get everything slide back in together.

I did bolt it through like everyone recommended. The only thing I am nervous about was I didnt wait 2 hours before tightening it down so the 5200 had time to dry a little. I cranked it down right away really tight and I hope I didnt just squeeze out all the sealant.

I just put it back together without reading the directions again to remember to do that.

It was a big mess though with sealant everywhere. I spent at least an hour cleaning and wiping it all up as best I could.

The clearance on mine from the center plate is very minimal. Maybe .25 inches. Not much room for error on that.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max