Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Htfit - would you mind posting what FAE sent regarding the new instructions? I will either need to make a claim with them this winter or just take it to a local weld shop to try and solve myself. I'm interested in what they are recommending.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

This thread has me questioning whether I should even order the factory surf pipe in my 21' Max build. Dealer says he wouldn't do it on his boat (not because of reliability), so completely torn. He says it barely does anything to the sound levels and that the motors are so clean, Co2 factors aren't an issue. I thought it was no brainer when I was building it on the configurator, but now I don't know. Maybe I'll just save the $750 bucks(which puts a Mojo that much closer to my price goal).

I demoed two Maxes two weeks ago. One with FAE and one without. I can tell you the noise level was so similar we couldn't tell a difference. We are used to FAE on past boats so when we smelled a lot of exhaust on the Max without FAE, we knew right away that it was still worth adding.
    Is it any cheaper getting it from FAE rather than ordering it with the boat?

Factory Surf pipe > FAE and $720 MSRP option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Factory Surf pipe > FAE and $720 MSRP option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus 5 year Moomb warranty on it. I guess for $670 bucks (@ 7% discount...which should be the minimum a dealer is offering you), it's worth doing. I'm going to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Htfit - would you mind posting what FAE sent regarding the new instructions? I will either need to make a claim with them this winter or just take it to a local weld shop to try and solve myself. I'm interested in what they are recommending.
    I took a screen shot of the part of the instructions that I thought were different.
    I am not sure how to attach a PDF. But i can email them if you would like.

2020-10-01.jpg2020-10-01 (2).jpg
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Just to clear the air with Boatmate. They did call back today and apologized it took so long to get back with me. He said they are short staffed because a few of the guys were out sick. They took care of me without question and sending a new axle out to the dealer to put on. I am pretty excited about that.
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    I demoed two Maxes two weeks ago. One with FAE and one without. I can tell you the noise level was so similar we couldn't tell a difference. We are used to FAE on past boats so when we smelled a lot of exhaust on the Max without FAE, we knew right away that it was still worth adding.
    Is it any cheaper getting it from FAE rather than ordering it with the boat?
    That seems strange that you couldn’t tell an audible difference. Every now and then on my 18 Max with FAE I’ll “blow the carbon out” and rip some WOT donuts and it’s quite obvious when the the tip of the FAE comes out of the water...
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I didn't have a FAE when I first got my boat and also noticed a large difference in noise.

In fact, the first time I did a fast sharp turn and that pocket was created where the pipe came out of the water I freaked out because I thought the pipe fell off it was so much louder.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max