Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jcredible View Post
    i definitely let mine partially set for 2-4 hours....and both times I pulled off the pipe there was a 1-2mm bead on the surface area of the flange.

It was a bugger to get the pipe off, but with a broken bolt it still had enough play for a small leak. The pipe was not coming off with the 5200 but enough play to allow water to leak in slowly.
    HOLD! You had to pull your FAE twice?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Yes, the #12 snapped on one location, then the new 1/4" bolts i installed snapped in the same spot.(Only 1 bolt) I reached out to Larry @ FAE and he has given me feedback on a new install procedure with a composite board backing to provide additional depth on the transom.

I am hopeful that it will work...but going to attempt it in the off season as sick of losing downtime this summer!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Yes, the #12 snapped on one location, then the new 1/4" bolts i installed snapped in the same spot.(Only 1 bolt) I reached out to Larry @ FAE and he has given me feedback on a new install procedure with a composite board backing to provide additional depth on the transom.

I am hopeful that it will work...but going to attempt it in the off season as sick of losing downtime this summer!
    Ok, I pretty annoyed right now. Got off the phone with Larry. He is a wonderful guy and wants to support his customers, don't get me wrong; but it seems to me this Exhaust was not well thought out and they are failing all over the place and not only with Moomba boats. It was suggested that I remove FAE and install old exhaust with silicone until end of season.

Except....

I threw it away.

Cause....

Who needs that piece of shit lying around when you have a ballin new surf exhaust?

For those following a long, I would say do this at your own peril. I would not. There is way too much moment arm stress on the exhaust, and your new expensive boat was built with thinnest cheapest transom known to man. 1" or so thick. Plus the exhaust only penetrates the hull 3inches.

What do I do now?
    1. Go buy silicone and goop the shit out it and hope it holds?
    2. Remove exhaust, reinstall and wait 7days for 5200 to cure?
    3. Go but on the exhaust flange and temp it back in?
    2019 MAX

Default FAE Install Pics

Buy stock exhaust and put it on.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if surf pipe fails, boat sinks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I would do the following:

1) Use 5200 Fast Cure
    2) Upgrade to 1/4" bolts or 5/16" bolts if you can.
    3) Bore out holes to support it.

The 5200 Fast Cure sets way quicker (I used it when re-installing the factory exhaust flange). I think original 5200 needs 48 hours above water level....and continues to cure below water line too...but seeing as you have a lift...not as big of an issue.
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Larry - yes...if the weld breaks(and it probably will if you keep snapping bolts)....then it will take on more water than you want.
    Last edited by jcredible; 07-28-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

I would do the following:

1) Use 5200 Fast Cure
    2) Upgrade to 1/4" bolts or 5/16" bolts if you can.
    3) Bore out holes to support it.

The 5200 Fast Cure sets way quicker (I used it when re-installing the factory exhaust flange). I think original 5200 needs 48 hours above water level....and continues to cure below water line too...but seeing as you have a lift...not as big of an issue.
    Yeah, My hand is forced. Wait 2 weeks for the stock fiberglass one or just reinstall what we got. I will be pulling the boat and going with 1/4 " SS Hex Bolts.
    2019 MAX

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Yeah, My hand is forced. Wait 2 weeks for the stock fiberglass one or just reinstall what we got. I will be pulling the boat and going with 1/4 " SS Hex Bolts.
    EDIT:
    We pulled the boat. While driving to the launch I noticed very little water in the bilge. It was a hot day, we had beer on ice, and the lake was smooth. We ran to the store and I am ashamed to say.... bought some clear flex seal and slathered that all around. Everything seemed fine until my 1250# bag came apart. We dewatered the boat, and kept going, but could never tell if we were leaking again or not.
    2019 MAX

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Buy stock exhaust and put it on.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if surf pipe fails, boat sinks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stock exhaust or stock surf pipe?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Stock exhaust or stock surf pipe?
    I post this on FB. I am done. will be ordering stock exhaust tube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6uZQrtCDmk
    2019 MAX