Just a quick update, FAE was really fast to send me out a new exhaust. They updated their install instructions and added a 3/4" wood block to the back to basically simulate a thicker transom and reduce the torque on the pipe. It has lock nuts on it so you can just screw the bolts directly into it. They also beefed up the pipe to hopefully stop it from cracking again. I have been quite impressed with their customer service.

I do think I am going to use 1" or 3/4" hdpe instead because I am not too fond of having exposed wood that would be potentially sitting in water back there.

Once I get the old one off I will take pics to see the difference.

It may be a week or so because over the weekend I was pulling the boat, looked back and one of the trailer wheels was smoking. The vault hub leaked all the oil out and it was on fire. I would put water on it and it would boil instantly it was so hot.

I was on a dangerous 2 lane road and they couldn't fit the boat and trailer on the tow truck with out a big risk of damaging it and after calling 3 or 4 tow companies the best solution was to get a landoll trailer which wouldn't be available until the next morning.

Already dark outside and on a bad road, I did the best thing I could think of and drove 5 mph back to the marina which was about 5 miles away.

No matter how slow I drove it still smoked and towards the end sparks where coming off it. Pulling into the parking lot the wheel fell off.

The spindle, rotor, caliber, and wheel is toast.

Today I learned how I could of jacked it up, removed the tire, and put 2x4 blocks between the frame and strut and could of drove it no problem. I could of saved a lot of damage but I didn't have wood blocks and still probaly would not of taken the risk working on it on a busy road at night.

So I learned to keep a couple 2x4 wood blocks in case that happens again and able to safely jack it up.

Also, the mechanic I was talking to strongly suggested I use grease vs oil on the bearing hubs. Because when you have a failure with the oil it is usually castrastraphic.

Anybody have experience or suggestions with switching from the Vault oil hubs to grease?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk