Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New fusion stereo

What are the opinions here? Reading up a but seems like maybe a 420 not needed? Addmittedly, the stereo on the craz i demo'd didnt sound great, hoping it just wasnt tuned...
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    What are the opinions here? Reading up a but seems like maybe a 420 not needed? Addmittedly, the stereo on the craz i demo'd didnt sound great, hoping it just wasnt tuned...
    They can produce a great sound if you aren’t just running it off the deck, and instead off amps that are correctly setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

If you are referring to the new models, they no come with the RA70Ni. Major step up from the 205 IMO. Still have 2 zone and woofer IF all speakers are driven by external amps. Integrated BT is WAY better then the old fusion BT-100 universal. The BT-200 was much better, but it occupied the data port for SAT. You get one or the other.

Id be hesitant to pain with too wide of a brush on any OEM installed system. Amp tuning, if you can call it that, it all over the place one boat to the next. Is there a woofer to fill out the system and if so, is it a proper IB model or still missing the needed enclosure as we have seen in the past?

Is a periphrial like a WS-420SQ needed? Still have some benefits, so really comes down to how one wants to use the system and expectations. Its line driver can benefit most any system. Its dual zone 4-ban EQ will certainly benefit any system. 3 zone + master volume right at your fingertips might be better for some, then going into the head unit menu.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    If you are referring to the new models, they no come with the RA70Ni. Major step up from the 205 IMO. Still have 2 zone and woofer IF all speakers are driven by external amps. Integrated BT is WAY better then the old fusion BT-100 universal. The BT-200 was much better, but it occupied the data port for SAT. You get one or the other.

Id be hesitant to pain with too wide of a brush on any OEM installed system. Amp tuning, if you can call it that, it all over the place one boat to the next. Is there a woofer to fill out the system and if so, is it a proper IB model or still missing the needed enclosure as we have seen in the past?

Is a periphrial like a WS-420SQ needed? Still have some benefits, so really comes down to how one wants to use the system and expectations. Its line driver can benefit most any system. Its dual zone 4-ban EQ will certainly benefit any system. 3 zone + master volume right at your fingertips might be better for some, then going into the head unit menu.
    Man, you talk over my head!!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

I have a 16 Craz with every stereo option can you give me some tips on how to properly tune. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post

Ok, read and reread!! I finally got the boat home and was able to play with the stereo. It sounds...ok, but i def see the cabins need replacing. Looking at the revo 6. As for the sub being "ib", im really not sure. Ill do some research on it. Being told i need to add a third amp as well to drive the new cabins...its just money...right???
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

It sounds...ok, but i def see the cabins need replacing.
    Not trying to talk you out of spending money, but why? Are they damaged or defective? As stated earlier, I would not expect to find the amps tuned correctly, this directly impacts sound quality from the speaker. The woofer, if one exists, is it done correctly and tuned correctly. Its amazing how good a woofer will make full range speaker sound. IS the woofer running infinite baffle (no actual box) if so, is it the proper woofer and can the boat support a an IB woofer.

Do you need a 3rd amp? nope. Do you need a new amp? nope. Now with that said, will the factory amp drive a speaker like the revo-6, to its potential? Likely not. Heck the OEM Kicker could even benefit from another 25-50 watt rms. IIRC, the OEM amp is the Kicker KXMA800.5. Very solid, quality amp. 50W rms to each of 6 in-boats is not a bad setup.

Hmmmmm, more to think about. Ill play with it more this week. I certainly dont want to spend a grand if i dont need to.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    Hmmmmm, more to think about. Ill play with it more this week. I certainly dont want to spend a grand if i dont need to.
    I’m running the 800.5 for 6 in boats and a 12” sub. Works and sounds awesome. I then have 2x 400.4’s each bridged to run a pair of the Kicker 8” and a pair of 6.25” horn/woofer combs on the towers.
    2017 Moomba Craz

how does the mixture of the 8's and 6.5's sound together. Also how does it look on the tower? Any pictures you could post or DM?