Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2018 MAX or 2016 Mojo questions

I posted my first thread a week or so ago about the differences between the 2015 up to current model year Mojo's, got some great feedback. One suggested why not look at the Max. I thought bigger boat meant bigger price and Mojo was already at the top of what i wanted to spend. I demo'd a 2018 Mojo, and when the dealer suggested the Max at a much lower price, i was shocked, so i looked at it and liked it. So here is my question, where is Moomba/SC cutting the cost here? Same motor, same surf tech that i can see....i see the interior is a bit more spartan, but at what cost as it relates to functionality?? Is the fiberglass of a lesser quality or thickness? Educate me guys on what i should be seeing or what i am missing, because as of right now, I am not seeing any reason not to go the Max route, after a demo of course. Thanks!

And to clarify, my mention of the 2016 Mojo is in reference to the price of a lightly used/well equipped Mojo is not far off from a 2018 Max, if anyone wondered! I am looking at a couple of 16 Mojo's and trying to justify against a new Max.

Get the Max.
    2019 Supra SL450

JamesG, come by the factory. We're happy to take you through and show you how they're all built. I can tell you that the fiberglass thickness/quality is not changed between any of our models.

Once you get in both on same day you can find cost savings. It’s in tower, interior, and shiny stuff like billet pieces. The cost savings is not in bones quality.

I also think saying one is a no brainer over the other is incorrect. They are not even same length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

You're welcome.. Lol.. I wish could afford a max, spartan yes, but all that space.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

The Max is shorter which eliminates cost from seating. You don’t get any gauges on the dash just the screen. The base of tower is less decorative and mainly for me I have still not been able to fall in love with the way the max looks

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

If I were in the entry level surf boat market...no doubt I would be going the Max route. I've owned a 2016 Mojo and been in the Max several times, there are not that many differences in luxury amenities between the Max and Mojo. The Max is 2" wider than the Mojo, has a 65 gallon fuel capacity, significantly deeper and has more available storage space than the Mojo. From the videos I have seen it throws a better surf wave as well, but I have not ridden behind one.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

But it has a white nose.

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    But it has a white nose.

I built out an all platinum one, with the upgraded black Moomba logo, black rub rail and Triton vertical racks and it was pretty sweet looking...at least online.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix