Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

The weather and my schedule finally cooperated. Water was set to a bit chilly at 48 degrees... Drysuits are a good thing.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

So I donned the drysuit and even looked silly with my neoprene cap. The things I'll do to get my surf fix.

All in all it ended up being a nice day on the water.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    So I donned the drysuit and even looked silly with my neoprene cap. The things I'll do to get my surf fix.
    We have similar temps here in UT and man was I cold even in a drysuit. Now having booties would have been perfect since my feet hurt from the chilly water. Hope to get out again this weekend with the forecast of 70 air and 48 water.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Is the temp drop because of the snow melting in the mountains?

The weather and my schedule finally cooperated. Water was set to a bit chilly at 48 degrees... Drysuits are a good thing.

2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Made a cheap fluid extractor using a bucket, couple fittings, hose and my shop vac. Works like a champ.

IMG_1337.jpg

Last year there was a 12" sub in a smaller sealed box at the helm down at my feet. Wanted to pick up some space under there and was planning on notching the floor hump to slide it back. Then I ran across this ported box and tested it out. Sounds way better so Im trying to fit it in there now. The first picture is as far back as it would go with the hump. There is plenty of room now. Just need to figure out where it sounds the best, finalize placement, add feet to the box, finish the fiberglass and carpet on the hump removal. Then build false wall and footrest.

IMG_1071.jpgIMG_1072.jpgIMG_1074.jpgIMG_1478.jpg
    2006 XLV

Removed both floor panels while I was doing other things. I planned to replace the carpet this year, or swap over to foam flooring. Projects and time got away from me. So I quickly rinsed down the carpet with the hose and dyed it with RIT dye. I had no idea how it would turn out, but it was worth a shot and quick to do. Figured any improvement would be better than it was.

IMG_1347.jpgIMG_1352.jpgIMG_1353.jpgIMG_1356.jpg

Here it is after rinsing several times until the water ran clear. Turned out way better than I thought it would. Wished I would have actually tried to clean the carpet before doing it!

IMG_1386.jpg
    Last edited by bsharer; 04-20-2018 at 12:23 PM.
    2006 XLV

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Is the temp drop because of the snow melting in the mountains?
    Yeah, I think it's because of spring time runoff. Always like this around this time of year though. They'll be running the annual news story soon where they warn people about cold river temps.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    We have similar temps here in UT and man was I cold even in a drysuit. Now having booties would have been perfect since my feet hurt from the chilly water. Hope to get out again this weekend with the forecast of 70 air and 48 water.
    I have some 3 mil booties for surfing. They're very comfy and my feet aren't cold at all. But you don't feel the board as well. For wakeboarding, I have some fleece/neoprene socks that I wear in my closed toe boots. Does pretty good. I was fine in 36 degree water in January that way.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I have some 3 mil booties for surfing. They're very comfy and my feet aren't cold at all. But you don't feel the board as well. For wakeboarding, I have some fleece/neoprene socks that I wear in my closed toe boots. Does pretty good. I was fine in 36 degree water in January that way.
    I had a friend who knew how to ride surf but wore water shoes in the summer. He was having trouble working the board. I had him ditch the shoes. They really disconnect you from the board unfortunately.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    I had a friend who knew how to ride surf but wore water shoes in the summer. He was having trouble working the board. I had him ditch the shoes. They really disconnect you from the board unfortunately.
    completely agree. neoprene socks give a little better feel, but nothing beats warmer water and bare feet.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com