Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    I have been thread taping all my plugs every season. Not sure if it's necessary.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    I found different sources saying different things. I’m gonna try without and see if it leaks. If so I’ll pop it out and put on tape

@thewakeboatlife
    2016 Moomba Craz-4K in ballast

No tape here....last season no problems. I just put mine back in with no take a couple of weeks ago but no chance to run it yet. We will see.....
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    No tape here....last season no problems. I just put mine back in with no take a couple of weeks ago but no chance to run it yet. We will see.....
    I ran it for a few minutes today on the lake and nothing obvious with no take but I didn’t get super close to it. I’ll get a better look next week.

@thewakeboatlife

I wouldn't put tape on it. The idea is that the metal on the thread of the bolt head should have good electrical connection with the heat exchanger to be able to work as a sacrificial anode. It would probably be alright with a little tape as the thread would cut through it and still make contact. If it leaks I would prefer to buy a new bolt or get a gasket that works while still keeping the threads clean.
    If you boat in saltwater you should probably change this more or less every year. If you boat in sweet water, you might not need it at all (of course you need a plug, but the anode part). Meaning, tape, no tape, makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by roosm View Post
    I wouldn't put tape on it. The idea is that the metal on the thread of the bolt head should have good electrical connection with the heat exchanger to be able to work as a sacrificial anode. It would probably be alright with a little tape as the thread would cut through it and still make contact. If it leaks I would prefer to buy a new bolt or get a gasket that works while still keeping the threads clean.
    If you boat in saltwater you should probably change this more or less every year. If you boat in sweet water, you might not need it at all (of course you need a plug, but the anode part). Meaning, tape, no tape, makes no difference.
    Cool thanks for the insight. I’ll keep an eye for leaks.

@thewakeboatlife