Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with summerizing

Hey everyone. Sorry I’ve been off the grid for a while. Had some family issues that caused me to ghost social media for a bit. But I’m back at it....
    So 3 years of paying to have boat winterized I’ve had 3 different ways it has been done. This year the big brass bolt was not taken out if the bottom of v drive but instead I found a long black bolt and cannot figure out where it goes. If I could have someone tell me exactly where it goes that would be awesome! Also I have 2 empty screw holes in the side of the v drive under the orange sticker , see pic below, that I feel like should have something in them. I put a top view for some specific guidance on where the black bolt goes. Can someone check theirs and confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jtatexc View Post
    Hey everyone. Sorry I’ve been off the grid for a while. Had some family issues that caused me to ghost social media for a bit. But I’m back at it....
    So 3 years of paying to have boat winterized I’ve had 3 different ways it has been done. This year the big brass bolt was not taken out if the bottom of v drive but instead I found a long black bolt and cannot figure out where it goes. If I could have someone tell me exactly where it goes that would be awesome! Also I have 2 empty screw holes in the side of the v drive under the orange sticker , see pic below, that I feel like should have something in them. I put a top view for some specific guidance on where the black bolt goes. Can someone check theirs and confirm?

Reach under the front of the trans under the big brass coupling you see there. The bolt should go into the water drain hole there.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Reach under the front of the trans under the big brass coupling you see there. The bolt should go into the water drain hole there.

Awesome thanks so much!!
    Any idea of the holes should be open as they are or if they should have thread exposed as they do?

@thewakeboatlife
    2016 Moomba Craz
    Black/Green
    3800# water ballast +500# wakeballast bags
    Surf- Doomswell Nubstep/phase5 Wire
    Skin- phase5 Danielo Diamond/Hyperlite HiFi

Out of curiosity, is that bolt a sacrificial anode rod?
    2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

Quote Originally Posted by Darter View Post
    Out of curiosity, is that bolt a sacrificial anode rod?
    Correct

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Was that the right spot? The bolt under my trans did not look like that one and was much larger. That is an anode on that bolt. I believe there is one on the back of the engine where the raw water is pumped in by the paddlewheel sensor. I'm guessing its that one as it can be used to drain out the cooler. Check you manual for anode locations if that's not it.
    2016 Craz

I called the dealer and they said it goes under the side of the heat exchanger. I haven’t been at my boat in a couple days so gonna try tonight.

@thewakeboatlife
    2016 Moomba Craz-4K in ballast

I called the dealer and they said it goes under the side of the heat exchanger. I haven’t been at my boat in a couple days so gonna try tonight.

@thewakeboatlife
    Starboard side. Remove engine divider panel. Look for black metal canister right by your oil filter. It threads in right near the bottom of the sidewall. You will barely be able to see the hole, if at all, so you may have to feel for it. It's awkward and hard to reach. My boat is still in storage, otherwise I'd send you a pic. Let me know if you have any trouble finding it..

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    Starboard side. Remove engine divider panel. Look for black metal canister right by your oil filter. It threads in right near the bottom of the sidewall. You will barely be able to see the hole, if at all, so you may have to feel for it. It's awkward and hard to reach. My boat is still in storage, otherwise I'd send you a pic. Let me know if you have any trouble finding it..

Found it! Do I put Teflon tape on it or just thread it in?

@thewakeboatlife

Found it! Do I put Teflon tape on it or just thread it in?

@thewakeboatlife
    I have been thread taping all my plugs every season. Not sure if it's necessary.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.