Hybrid View

Default Phase 5 or Doomswell Nubstep

Trying to decide, Phase 5 Hammerhead or DW Nubstep. I am 6’ 220. Only my second year and ready to excel. Just looking for feedback on your experience between the two.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition

Quote Originally Posted by IronmanCowboy View Post
    Trying to decide, Phase 5 Hammerhead or DW Nubstep. I am 6’ 220. Only my second year and ready to excel. Just looking for feedback on your experience between the two.

Thanks

Man, I have to say neither. But not probably the feedback you’re looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Man, I have to say neither. But not probably the feedback you’re looking for.

That's why it's called feedback...haha... I wanna surf style but am thinking hybrid and I want a fast board. What's your feedback?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IronmanCowboy View Post
    That's why it's called feedback...haha... I wanna surf style but am thinking hybrid and I want a fast board. What's your feedback?

Hybrid is kind of a misused/overused term I think—most surf style retain some hybrid features. In other words, different folks call them different things. I would not get too hung up on that. Either you want full tilt skim, or a surfy hybrid kinda thingie which 85% of the rest are.

For the money, no better board than a custom Sixer from Chaos. Hand shaped, glassed. Surfy-Hybridy mix, mostly surf. Also custom RacerX from the same guy—sharper rails. I have both.

Slightly more money, but Soulcraft DaHonu, blunt nose DaHonu, or Voodoo are fast as heck, have a hybrid flavor, light as a feather. I have the VooDoo. Surf buddies have one each of the two DaHonus.

All of these are very fast, forgiving, and will take you as far as you want to go. Excellent boards.

The two you’ve named are very popular and for sure fun. But better can be had, I guess? Probably not going to be the limiting factor in how good you get, but heck, do it right the first time?

Opinion opinion opinion. Remember that. But I have owned 25 boards in 4 years in approximate terms. And having what I have above listed leaves me wanting nothing more.

Best of luck!

Hybrid is kind of a misused/overused term I think—most surf style retain some hybrid features. In other words, different folks call them different things. I would not get too hung up on that. Either you want full tilt skim, or a surfy hybrid kinda thingie which 85% of the rest are.

For the money, no better board than a custom Sixer from Chaos. Hand shaped, glassed. Surfy-Hybridy mix, mostly surf. Also custom RacerX from the same guy—sharper rails. I have both.

Slightly more money, but Soulcraft DaHonu, blunt nose DaHonu, or Voodoo are fast as heck, have a hybrid flavor, light as a feather. I have the VooDoo. Surf buddies have one each of the two DaHonus.

All of these are very fast, forgiving, and will take you as far as you want to go. Excellent boards.

The two you’ve named are very popular and for sure fun. But better can be had, I guess? Probably not going to be the limiting factor in how good you get, but heck, do it right the first time?

Opinion opinion opinion. Remember that. But I have owned 25 boards in 4 years in approximate terms. And having what I have above listed leaves me wanting nothing more.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the feedback. Great opinion! I will definitely check out those recommend boards.

I had also narrowed down my choices to the Nubstep or Hammerhead. With other options having already been mentioned and most likely others still to come, I may have to reevaluate. I will definitely be following this thread and look forward to seeing what people have to say.
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

Default Phase 5 or Doomswell Nubstep

Duplicate...

I thought that code was 10%?!

What is this magical discount you’re speaking of?!

I thought that code was 10%?!

What is this magical discount you’re speaking of?!

I also bought a board for my son.