Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    It's not our fault you raised a bunch of snowflakes.....
    Lol, I'm a special snowflake...y'all can piss off. Brrr.

9bnbg2Bz4ig4CaworAORMFxX4QoUc6xo_lg.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I think some people just choose to live within or outside of their means. The people that live outside just don't care perhaps if they lose their boat or have to sell it. To me its a way of life.. something i never want to sell because i enjoy it so i make sure i can afford it in the event of a job loss or whatever. We also only buy toys with cash.. Never take a single loan. We are blessed with good jobs however and i am thankful for that every day. I am sure we could afford a new Supra but i guess i don't want to afford a new supra because we also have other toys that i like. (a must if you live in wisconsin climate)

We have a lake in wisconsin that i sometimes frequent and the local dealer sells Natique. I come rolling up in my 2006 Mastercraft to see 19 year old kids abusing Daddies lake model SAN's. LIterally dozens of 150k+ boats with teens pulling them on on the sand bar. I just sit back and wonder.
    2019 Mondo

Ask them what their balance is in their retirement account!
    She ain't pretty, but she can dance!
    1998 Mobius

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I hear ya but not what I was seeing

orange Sleek Boat was a good 100k plus used. dual engines and a bumpin stereo and hearing the engines when they left a few minutes after we arrived they were blown and had serious cams. couple on board were, at most, low 30's. 2 small kids under 5 and she was a good 6-8months pregnant.

def. makes ya wonder...

Attachment 26803
    What makes me wonder is why you would buy that as a family boat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1. its their taste in boat
    2. important to have the "look at me"
    3. because they can
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    1. its their taste in boat
    2. important to have the "look at me"
    3. because they can
    Well said. We all have different taste. Spend it on what makes you happy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The income gap is real. To a lot of my friends, I look like a baller having a house, boat, bmw, audi, lifted truck, sportbike… But then I have friends that blow me away. One couple I know just did a group trip to Vegas. They rented the MGM skybox that was a few grand a night. Their tab at the cabana at Wet Republic was $15k for the one day of day-clubbing. He literally showed up to Vegas with a duffel bag full of cash. I can't even imagine throwing around that kind of money. He owns a computer consulting business. I know that when our company has onsite consultants, it's EASY to be charged $1500 a day + expenses. So if he's the owner he could easily be giving his consultants 6-figure salaries and still be pocketing $100/hr.

And to David, having a 1/2 million dollar house isn't that big of deal. My house is $350k and my house payment is affordable. To have another $150k financed we're talking about $650 a month. Get rid of my child support and I'm most of the way there.

It's funny that these threads come up every few months.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    having a 1/2 million dollar house isn't that big of deal.
    true. we don't consider ourselves well off by any means and our pad is hitting the market friday for $449. granted all location dependent but here in sin city 500k buys you a decent house on a small-ish lot with a 3 car. the 1/4 acre tract we are going to go build on is setting us back 140k and that's average around here.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten