Default Impeller replacement - how often

Hey there, just wondering how often most change their impeller? Should this be done yearly?
    Is this the one most use? I've got a 2013 LSV...
    https://www.wakemakers.com/jabsco-ba...-impeller.html

Also - is it easy to do yourself, I normally get the dealer to do it but the cost is around 180$...
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Yearly and yes buy and impeller puller and it will take you half hour to complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz

https://www.iboats.com/shop/seadog-s...SABEgI8YvD_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz

Perfect- Thanks Jimmy!!
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

I think we are talking about 2 different things on the question and the replies. Maybe the question is not clear.

The orig post was a URL to Wakemakers and the ballast pumps Impellers.
    I do not know what dealers charge for that service. It may be easy/hard depending of the location of the pumps and if panels needs to be removed for access.
    You do not need special tools to remove the brass plates from the 3 pumps on the boat. There are 6 brass screws.
    When removing, do not loose the thin black gasket.
    >> My rule of thumb on replacing, if I have slow fill times, if they are getting 'stuck', if they do not prime when turned on, or if they look bad after each season (I remove mine from each winter), I replace it. This will be my 3rd season on this set. The impeller blades will soften over the years and slow your fill times.

If you are referring to the Raw Water Impeller for the motor, I change mine about every/other year. Changing it every year is excessive to me. I remove it each winter to inspect it. I have gone 3 seasons on this current one:
    1. Remove Cover, 4 bolts – Use a mirror if necessary. The plate/cover is off-set
    2. I used soapy water in the housing. You could also use a rubber friendly solution like pure silicone spray. Some use WD40.
    3. Bump the starter a couple times, DO NOT START
    4. Pry out the Impeller. This is where that special tool comes into play. I use a needle nose pliers, grab a vein on the impeller and pull straight out. Some have used a paint can opener.
    5. Dry inside of housing. Grease well with lube provided.
    6. Grease edges of each vein of impeller
    7. Install impeller, twisting while pushing until you feel it line up on spline and it stops. Rubber mallet or soft wood 2 x 4 with hammer and gently tap it in to seat it.
    8. Inspect the current gasket or install a new gasket on cover plate.
    9. Install bolts, careful not to tighten bolts crazy tight as they will strip and a new housing will be needed.
    Dealers will charge a couple hundred for this service. Check YouTube for videos.
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 03-28-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Excellent catch MJH! Great post, clarifies it for me!! Thanks man!!
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5