Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Key differences in Mojo 2015 to 2018

New member, first post, lots of great info here. Need some of you to help clarify some things if you wouldnt mind. I am in the market for a Mojo, the boat fits all my needs from a power and size standpoint, there are several on the river I live on and have always appreciated the look. I know that in 2015 there was a redesign that brought with it some benefits, the autowake being one of them, it also appears that each year up until current they have made some fairly nice advancements as well. I am having trouble finding what each of these models actually offer in the way of technology that the previous model did not have, specifically in terms of the hull and wave making ability and ease of use. My budget would be better served at the 2015 model as this is our first wake surf type boat, but i am a bit conservative and can easily afford the 2018 if there is enough justification. I am coming from a tritoon with fourstroke outboard, we live on the river and boat will be stored on our lift in boat house, so we use it A LOT! I hope the question isnt too broad, any input would be appreciated.

Not a mojo expert but I'm sure you will find the help you need here. Welcome aboard!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

2015 - Autoflow (not autowake). Switch from the Mojo 2.5 to the current Mojo.

2016 - Autoflow 2.0 which had larger plates. There are multiple tower options. I believe it may be the first year of the reversible seat.

2017 - Autowake. This is the self ballasting system essentially. Won't be on all boats. Color in dash screen

2018 - Autowake 2. 6 pump ballast option, etc.

I'm misssing some nuances for sure but that's the general layout. Autowake is the biggest factor. 2015 and 2016 you will be "dialing" in the wave whereas the newer models have built in presets that get you a solid wave. I wouldn't stress over it too much but Autowake could be helpful for new users. You are certainly capable of getting a solid wave on your own, without it, though.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Note that 2015 models will be manual flow or auto flow for surf system options. That is a nuance to be aware of. Also for 2017 forward you have Wetsounds audio options.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

That helps clarify, thank you. And yes, i had noticed some 2015 models that had the auto flow on them. Tough decision to make with every year seemingly one upping the previous year in terms of surf technology. I would hate to buy a 2016 model only to find mid summer the autowake would have been worth the cost. Oh well, i will keep browsing the forum here and look for inspiration. And yes, i am planning to go next week to do a couple of demo's on 2015 and a 2016 that is at a local dealer, will let you know my personal findings.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    My budget would be better served at the 2015 model as this is our first wake surf type boat, but i am a bit conservative and can easily afford the 2018 if there is enough justification.
    If you can easily afford the 2018, get the 2018 and make it yours. I don't know what the current backlog is, but there is so much to be said about creating your own build. To me personally, for the kind of money being spent, I want to pick out every last detail...from the gelcoat scheme on the boat to the transom steps on the trailer.

Autowake 2 & the G6 ballast system is really different then 2015 tech.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

2015 has 2 tower options, the forward swooping OZ and the more upright ''S" bend. Oh how I wish I had the S bend, but the OZ looks nice. After 2015, the cruise control adjustments are a lever just like the trim. I have the manual flow, and honestly, its the biggest reason I won't upgrade any time soon. I have it completely dialed and there is nothing to break. You can put the 2.0 tabs on the 15 auto flow, just fyi. I hear they are a huge improvement. But like others have said, the biggest tech is auto wake if wanted and the 6 pump ballast system. The hulls from 2015-2018 are all the same. The newer boats have the color screen as well. A 2018 Mojo Pro will have everything you could possibly want. Beware of looking at used boats with 250.0 hours. Those hours probably are not correct and the ecm needs updated to show the right hours. Any other questions, ask away. PS, these boats throw awesome wakes for wakeboarding!!!!!!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Did you check out the max?
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    2015 has 2 tower options, the forward swooping OZ and the more upright ''S" bend. Oh how I wish I had the S bend, but the OZ looks nice. After 2015, the cruise control adjustments are a lever just like the trim. I have the manual flow, and honestly, its the biggest reason I won't upgrade any time soon. I have it completely dialed and there is nothing to break. You can put the 2.0 tabs on the 15 auto flow, just fyi. I hear they are a huge improvement. But like others have said, the biggest tech is auto wake if wanted and the 6 pump ballast system. The hulls from 2015-2018 are all the same. The newer boats have the color screen as well. A 2018 Mojo Pro will have everything you could possibly want. Beware of looking at used boats with 250.0 hours. Those hours probably are not correct and the ecm needs updated to show the right hours. Any other questions, ask away. PS, these boats throw awesome wakes for wakeboarding!!!!!!
    What about the tower would make you want the S bend vs OZ? I will have to look at both now that you bring it up, the towers are not something I have paid much attention to. And interesting take on the manual and it’s simplicity, certainly something to think about!

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Did you check out the max?
    Not really, and don’t really have a good reason for why not to be honest. Other than having a deeper hull, or so it appears in the pics, what is the main difference?