Default Battery cable hook up - probably a stupid one...

Ok, so I was out messing with the SA this morning and noticed something weird with the battery cables in preparation for building a sub box and adding an amp.
    I never realized this boat doesn’t have a protect system like the old ‘06, and one battery positive is running to the 1 spot on the switch. The second battery is running to the 1/2 position and the 2 spot cable is running back through the floor to the motor.
    Shouldn’t the other battery be on the 2 spot? I talked to my guy at Rinkers and he said it probly came outta the factory that way and no one caught it if it’s wrong.
    Like I said, probly a dumb question but I’ve never had a boat without the blue sea style protection system.
    Thanks!
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

I'll check my 2018 Mojo but I agree with you. Unless I'm missing something, negative on battery 1 to negative on battery 2 to engine ground. Positive on battery 1 to position 1 on switch, positive on battery 2 to position 2 on switch. 1-2 on switch to starter. Position one on switch disconnects number 2 battery, position 2 on switch disconnects number one battery, position 1-2 on switch has both batteries to starter. Your wiring, position one would disconnect number 2 which is wire to starter. I would think that would disconnect the starter from the system and it wouldn't start. 1-2 would still work both batteries and 2 would still work number 2 battery, just backwards through the switch but still work.
    That's how I just wired it through my head but sometimes I miss the obvious! lol!

Yea that’s what I’m afraid of. Sometimes the simple stuff isn’t so simple. I’m gonna head out there in a few and take the switch off and look at it
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

Pretty sure the lugs on the rear of the switch don't match up to the face of the switch and the sticker indicator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Ran outta time to pull it off and look. There should be 3 contacts but shielded in certain positions so you can get both batts flowing through the 1/2 position. I’ll get out there tomorrow and look. The shop is all clean and rearranged now in prep for a box build!
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Pretty sure the lugs on the rear of the switch don't match up to the face of the switch and the sticker indicator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Yep... it was this.
    Weird how they do that. Looked up BlueSeas instructions and sure enough... oh well, one less thing to worry about
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

Just an FYI for those that have never looked. The thread cable studs are labeled.

Thread cable?
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400